Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Bully by Penelope Douglas










Title: Bully
Author: Penelope Douglas
Release Date: 20th June
Rating: 5+

 Summary:
My name is Tate. He doesn't call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all.

We're neighbors,and once, we were best friends. But then, one summer, he turned on me and has made it his mission to screw up my life at every opportunity. I've been humiliated, shut out, and gossiped about all through high school. His pranks and rumors got more sadistic as time wore on, and I made myself sick trying to hide from him. I worried about what was around every corner and behind every door.

So I left.

I spent a year studying abroad and bathed in the freedom of life without Jared. Now I'm back to finish up high school and get the hell out of here forever. I'm hoping that after a year of breathing room, he's moved on and forgotten all about me.

But even if he hasn't changed, I have. I'm not interested in avoiding him or turning the other cheek anymore. We're going to go head to head, because neither of us wants to back down.


Review


 


I was not planning on reviewing Bully, I just wanted to read some indie new adult novel, and when I saw Penelope Douglas book, I thought why the hell not? I’ll give it a chance. It was for free on Amazon so when I get my hands on this I pushed everything on my to read next shelf and just have dived in. It was the best thing I could do! I spent few hours reading well written, intriguing story for free.


Tatum Brandt is senior who’s struggling with bullying. She’s picked up by her former best friend Jared and his mates. They’re doing everything to hurt her. She always ends up embarrassed and in tears, but after a year in France, she decides to fight back and don’t take their crap anymore.
The thing that hurts her the most is the fact that she lost her best friend from childhood without even knowing why and that he is in fact behind her problems. He’s pranks started when they were both freshmen. He spread horrible rumors about her: she’s got lice, STD, lost her virginity to disgusting student and so on. So she’s tired of his crap and start to play his game.
How bad that she’s attracted to a person who ruined her life.


I adored love/hate relationship between Jared and Tate. It was so refreshing and it’ll probably sound weird but I was enjoying their encounters. Some of them were full of pain and hate, other were amusing and I was catching myself on wanting Tate and Jared to do something stupid and reckless, which of course they’ve done. More than once. And their hatred created amazing sexual tension and desire.

“I want to touch you.” His words were against my lips now. “I want to feel what’s mine. What’s always been mine.”


“I’ve wanted you for so long,” he whispered, his breath on my lips was like a drug drawing me in. “All the times I’d see you next door…it drove me crazy.






Go grab your copy till it’s for free!
http://www.amazon.com/Bully-Fall-Away...





0 komentarze:

Post a Comment