Saturday, August 24, 2013

Interview with Cassandra Giovanni author of Love Exactly



Few weeks ago I had amazing opportunity to read & review Love Exactly by Cassandra Giovanni. You can read my review  here. Now, I can welcome this talented author here in my humble, small, indie loving blog. She was sweet enough to answer few of my questions.




Title: Love Exactly (Sticks and Stones #1)
Author: Cassandra Giovanni Release Date:  June Rating: 4 stars
 Emma Walker was a writer who'd lost herself to someone else's anger--who had given up on ever feeling like herself again.
Evan Levesque was a rock-god--the one all the woman wanted, but he'd never gotten used to the loneliness between the stage and real life.
With just one cup of coffee they'll begin a journey of self-discovery at each others sides, but can Emma handle Evan's fame while dealing with her own demons? Emma's checkered personal past, a bad relationship that haunts the edges of her memories, threatens to make everything implode on them when Evan takes matters into his own hands.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they'll destroy my soul--Can Emma handle being put back together and facing who she's become because of it?
GENRE: New Adult>Contemporary Romance
Mild to moderate sexual content







Interview with Cassandra Giovanni:


1.       Could you please tell us something about yourself?

I'm a marketing major--professional photographer, writer and I work a full-time job at as a Retail Banking Operations Manager at a community bank. I've been writing forever, and I've been published since I was seven. I've published four novels total, and I don't ever plan on stopping! I hope to one day be a career writer, and own my own marketing company for publications.


2.       Why did you choose to write rock star romance?

I never set out to write a rock star romance. I simply started writing and that's the way it turned out. Evan is pretty much my husband--except in a pop-rock band instead of a metal band...and well, famous.


3.       Describe your book in few sentences.

Two people meet an an unlikely situation and are able to help one another see their strengths and rise above the things that threaten to tear them down.


4.       What is the hardest part of writing?
Finding the time to actually sit down and do it.

5.       What is the best part of writing?
Writing--it's everything that I love. I can't think of one thing that I don't like about writing from creating a story, to editing, creating covers, marketing it and publishing.


6.       What are you currently working on?

I'm working on a series called Beautifully Broken, which will have two novels Flawed Perfection and Broken Perfection. 
Flawed Perfection:
Bobby Beckerson was the American All-Star hockey player--he was the spitting image of perfection to his family. Goofy, sweet and undeniably gorgeous, he had everything but the one girl he wanted: River Ahlers. River Ahlers is successful in everything but love. She's been in love with Adam Beckerson since they were kids. Worst of all she's stuck right in the middle of the brother's dueling over everything and anything, and she doesn't even know she's the ultimate prize.
Adam Beckerson was a boy with a guitar, a smile that sunk girl's hearts and a stone wall around his own. He was anything but perfect, and no matter how hard he tried he was nothing compared to Bobby. Sweet, damaged, with boyish good-looks, no body thought Adam loved anyone but himself.
Bobby loved River, River loved Adam and Adam only loved himself--or so everyone thought. Then one night everything changes, and as it threatens to destroy everyone involved a tragedy strikes that will break them all...


Broken Perfection:

Three years ago I walked away from the only man I'd ever loved. I left him an empty shell, shattered by a tradegy that broke us both. Now I'm living but barely breathing. Everyday I become less and less whole, consumed by guilt and pain. I live with each agonizing breath, but my hearts not beating. I pretend I'm happy, I smile on cue, but then when I'm about to say yes-to give into living a lie forever, there he appears again. I can't run any longer even if he's still lost at the bottom of a bottle. I'm lost. Barely breathing. Then his touch brings me back to life, but can we forgive one another when we've broken perfection?


7.       Why did you decide to not put sex scenes in Love exactly?

There are sex scenes in Love Exactly, three actually. They are not graphically descriptive, but they do make it obvious that they are having sex. I refer to it as "clean steam".


8.       When will you release sequel?

Summer 2014

9.       How did you come up with idea for Love Exactly?

I was writing a dark paranormal romance, and needed a break from it. It was the first book that I wrote from cover to cover--in order. I started with the coffee scene and went from there.


10.   What’s your favorite book and why?

Emma by Jane Austen. I love her sense of humor and perspective on human nature.


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment