Saturday, May 3, 2014

Patrycja's Review: At Any Turn by Brenna Aubrey

19072751



Title: At Any Turn
Series: Gaming The System #2
Author: Brenna Aubrey
Release Date: April 30 , 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes

So You Want to Be a Hero?

Millionaire CEO Adam Drake, overcame a tortured past to build his own gaming empire. He’s in complete control of his life. With his new found love for brilliant geek girl blogger, Mia Strong, the last piece of his life is in place. He's at the top of his game. 

Your Princess Is in Another Castle.

Until suddenly, she withdraws from him, leaving him in the dark. Something tells him she needs help. But she's too stubborn or scared to ask for it, and the more he tries to take control, the further he pushes her away. He can’t solve this problem by writing a check or a few lines of code.

He’ll have to dig deep and put himself at risk…or risk losing her forever.




At Any Turn is second book in Gaming The System Series by Brenna Aubrey. Previous book caught my attention with adorable plot, nicely created characters, that were a badass nerds I fell in love with and slow yet steamy romance built up. After finishing first part of Mia and Adam’s story, At Any Price I was anxious yet hesitant to pick up the sequel. Some books are just meant to be a standalone, and I felt like At Any Price was one of them. But sometimes, it’s just hard to say goodbye to the main characters that stole your heart… That’s why I decided to read and see what else the future holds for Mia and Adam.




At Any Turn is told in Adam’s point of view, which I liked very much. I loved to see what was going on in this sexy mind of his. He’s one of the heroes that are hard to figure out, so I definitely was excited to know about him more.


Now, he and Mia are in serious relationship and sometimes being together and sticking with each other is even harder than getting together. Sometimes, saying “I love you” is not the end of the road and the happily ever after. It’s only the beginning of the true challenge. Especially when Adam and Mia, never had the chance to be with someone for real.




I enjoyed seeing more of Adam and Mia together. They still rocked! I loved them together, but for some reason they were acting like a fools. And I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes on their dramatics. It was a little bit over the top for me. Nonetheless, I liked the book.




I was stunned by few twists and my heart ached for Mia. I am not sure how I feel about things that progressed toward the end of the novel. I’m not sure if I liked what had happened and honestly it only made me feel depressed.




Overall, I needed a little bit more fun, sass and more toe curling romance. I missed those. I also hoped for something more geeky… Still, I enjoyed Brenna Aubrey’s book and I will be back for more!


Review Copy kindly provided by author, Brenna Aubrey, in exchange for honest review *


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest





0 komentarze:

Post a Comment