Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Patrycja's Review: Prick by Sabrina Paige



Title: Prick
Series: Standalone
Author: Sabrina Paige
Release Date: February, 2015
Rating: 4 stars

I can't stop thinking about that prick.

Caulter Sterling is a prick.

A filthy-mouthed, womanizing, crude, spoiled, arrogant prick.

The tattooed, pierced, panty-melting-hot son of a celebrity.

I hate him.

He's slept his way through practically every girl at Brighton Academy.

Except for me.

I'm the good girl. The responsible girl. The 4.0, class president, studied-so-much-she-never-lost-the-big-V girl.

And in celebration of graduation and adulthood, I just made the worst decision in the history of ever.

I lost my V-card to the devil himself.

It was just one night. So what if it was mind-blowing? Hit it and quit it.

Except I just found out that my father - the Senator, the Presidential hopeful - is marrying Caulter's mother. Oh, and this summer? We're hitting the campaign trail.

One big happy family.

I'm totally f**ked.
*This is a standalone novel with a HEA. Not part of a series.*





Prick by Sabrina Paige is a nice, pleasant surprise. Finally, after all those awful and tasteless stepbrother themed books (that’ve been popping all over), something worth giving a shot has been released. I am so glad for that! I loved Stepbrother Dearest to pieces and was looking forward to reading something similar for quite some time. Unfortunately all books labeled ‘stepbrother romance’ that came out were, let’s be honest, not worth my money or time.

When I’ve read few positive reviews of Prick I decided to live on the edge and dive into it. I am not regretting doing so. Even though I cannot say that Prick is complete masterpiece that touched me or played on my emotions, I had fun. Pure, laugh out loud, I am enjoying myself fun. And that’s everything I hoped for and even a tiny bit more.

Sabrina Paige created a read in one sitting kind of book. It’s something to read between heavier reads. Especially when you are looking for something funny and smutty. Something that will take your mind off problems and real life in general.


The taboo subject made this novel smoking hot and… crude. Yep, crude but also so damn funny, I was not sure if I was supposed to be clenching my thighs or laugh and laugh.

The characters were very well developed, their struggles real and not over the top dramatic. I found the main couple a perfect fit. They were amazing together. I loved their love/hate relationship. The teasing and banter between them was fantastic. I am not sure what I liked more the hateful words and comments (aka foreplay) or the actual sex scenes.

In nutshell, Prick is something I would recommend my best friend if she was in book funk, not really sure what to read and pretty upset about it. I am almost one hundred percent this novel would bring at least a smile on her face and make her all hot and bothered. And while I am not going to sing the praises and tell you how absolutely prefect this story is (because, duh, it’s not really deep or life altering) I am going to tell you to read it just for FUN.



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment