Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Patrycja's Review: Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry



23264731


Title: Art & Soul
Series: Standalone
Author: Brittainy C Cherry
Release Date: 21 April, 2015
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

I had always been the invisible art student in high school.
Passed by. Glossed over. Unnoticed.
Now I was Aria Watson… that girl.

After one bad decision, and being labeled a slut, I was no longer unseen. I was the whore. The ignoramus. The tramp.
I would never be invisible again.

Particularly to Levi Myers. He was the odd boy with the beautiful soul who accepted and understood the broken girl inside me.

Falling in love wasn’t the plan. But how could I resist his promises of hope? Of forgiveness? Of a future I had stopped dreaming of?
We were shattered. We were scarred. We were something strange and beautiful.

We were two lost souls holding on to the only thing that could keep us together.

Each other.






Sometimes you read a book that makes you forget how to breathe. It’s hard to the describe the feeling, though. On the one hand, you feel touched and completely blown away. It makes it hard to even form coherent thoughts; not mentioning writing a review that would give the novel justice. On the other hand, your lungs, your mind and soul seem so empty, so void. You feel like screaming, crying and laughing at once. That’s emotional overload for me. And I feel it every time I reach for Brittainy C. Cherry books. It’s the best feeling in the world, while still painful and sad experience.

"That’s the thing about the future, and the past even. They don’t exist in this moment. We only have the here and now. If we focus too much on the past or too heavily on the future, we miss out on our present desires, the things we want right now.”


Art & Soul totally surprised me. It’s different than any other young adult novel I’ve read, because the author has a unique way of telling the story – her words are beautiful, moving and poetic. They play with readers’ heart and soul and don’t leave him/her even a second to prepare for more. Levi and Aria’s story is absolutely unique roller coaster of emotions; you’ll get everything - from heart fluttering, sweet moments to raw and edgy pain and sorrow. You won't be able to stop yourself from reading and feeling all of those things.

"Sometimes the most beautiful pieces of art were created from the darkest of souls."


This story is just so stunning and real I couldn't put the book down even for a single second, even when my eyes were blurry from the tears or when my hands shook so hard I couldn’t keep my ereader straight. It's just that good!

I can't recommend this book enough. There are no words from me that could really sum up this book.


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment