Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Review: Major Love (Balls in Play #2) by Kate Stewart



Title: Major Love
Series: Balls in Play #2
Author: Kate Stewart
Release date: November 15, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis:

"I met her at an all-time low . . . the worst night of my life—a time I never wanted to remember."

"It was a night I could never forget."

"When it came to women, I swore I was done with wishful thinking. Ball and my coaching career were all that mattered."

"I reminded him it wasn't."

"She was everything I was afraid of."

"He was everything I'd ever wanted."

"She was fire—an irresistible piece of southern heaven that I couldn't stay away from.

"He was smoke that clouded me in every imaginable way."

"And the sex . . ."

"Dear God, the sex . . ."

"I fell hard, and she gave me hell at every turn."

"I made a promise I was hell bent on keeping."

"And you kept it."

"Hell yes I did."

"Fuckin' A."

This is a SPORTS ROMANCE and can be read as a stand alone.


It was heaven. It was hell. It was Andrew Pracht, and I was addicted.

After reading and loving my first Kate Stewart book, Anything but Minor, I was thrilled that there would be a book for Rafe's friend Andy. Poor Andy had a sad case of unrequited love and I really wanted to see him end up with someone who would love and appreciate him. He's an all-around sweet guy-loving, smart, funny, and the best friend you could ask for.

He's that guy that doesn't run from commitment, he chases after it.
He isn't afraid of intimacy, he craves it.
He's a forever type of guy.

He spent years as a catcher in the Minor Leagues, so why is it he can't seem to catch a break?

Andy meets April at Rafe and Alice's engagement party. He is disillusioned, wrecked, and completely lost. He's having to let go of his dreams of being with the woman that he loved and he's not handling it well. She's still coming to terms with breaking up with the man that she was in a very long and committed relationship with. Neither is in a very happy or healthy place, but there was something about Andy's raw honesty that she was desperately drawn to.

Even in his drunken, sometimes ridiculous state, he had these moments where he completely bared his soul to her and shared his regrets, his hopes, and things that he hid inside his heart. She never stood a chance. Before the night ended, she made him a promise. One that she would hold tight to as they got to know one another in the coming weeks.

The more she got to know him, the more she realized that her first impression of him was spot-on. He was everything she thought he was and more. And for the first time, she found someone who looked out for her interests and handled her with care. She was used to being the caregiver, the strong one, it was a revelation having someone who she could lean on.

Who makes sure you’re okay?” It was a punch straight to the gut. Andy grabbed the beer from me, set it beside us, and cupped my face in his hand. “How about I take care of you today?” I nodded as he slid his thumb along my cheek. “You deserve it.”

But she just wasted too many years of her life on a man who didn't deserve it. How could she possibly lay her heart on the line for a man who wasn't yet emotionally available? She needs to make the gamble of her life for Andy and she's determined to hold out for more than friendship. She wants it all. Their push and pull was amazing, the attraction that grew and multiplied was phenomenal and had a little bit of angst due to the fact that they couldn't give in to their physical desires. In the meantime? The humor, the heat, the sweetness was on overload and I completely fell for this adorable couple.

Admittedly, I did have a hard time in the beginning of the book trying to get engrossed. Though that could easily be a case of me-no-you. Andy was the perfect book boyfriend material, and April was brave, funny, and just the woman to fulfill his wish for a woman to spend the rest of his life cherishing. If you like rom-coms, this is a definite must read.

She’d clocked in the fastest and brazened her way throughout the whole of my heart. She’d come in with her threads and pieced me back together a better man. A man more capable of taking any hit that came my way.


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON: 

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment