Saturday, December 28, 2013

Review: The Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley


12458287



Title: The Golden Dynasty
Series: Fantasyland #2
Author: Kristen Ashley
Release Date: August 22nd, 2011
Rating: 5 + stars
Cliffhanger: No


Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she’s not having a wild dream, she’s living a frightening nightmare where she’s been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she’s installed very unwillingly on her white throne of horns as their Queen.

Dax Lahn is the king of Suh Tunak, The Horde of the nation of Korwahk and with one look at Circe, he knows she will be his bride and together they will start The Golden Dynasty of legend.

Circe and Lahn are separated by language, culture and the small fact she’s from a parallel universe and has no idea how she got there or how to get home. But facing challenge after challenge, Circe finds her footing as Queen of the brutal Korwahk Horde and wife to its King, then she makes friends then she finds herself falling in love with this primitive land, its people and especially their savage leader.




Kristen Ashley completely astounded me. Her devastatingly beautiful, heart wrenching story bewitched me. This epic romance will always be written in my heart. Not only The Golden Dynasty was exceptional, unique and utterly perfect read, it also totally changed me and made me fall in love with Kristen Ashley writing.


In epic way, author created barbaric, full of violence and savage world, that was vicious, full of angst and incredibly scary, yet at the same time, Ashley almost effortlessly made me fall in love with this primal, primitive people and their culture. At the beginning I thought there would be no way in hell for me to understand this brutes and their behavior, and what’s more to make me like them, but yet quickly I changed my opinion.

As much as gritty and dark some parts were, the seed of love that Ashley beautifully planted on this primal desert bloomed, and made me swoon, cry, laugh and feel every delicious emotion on this roller coaster ride.


Lahn was intense character, the alpha male, I have never read about. I couldn’t believe how quickly I was smitten with him, despite the bad that was in his heart.

Dax Lahn

“is known as the Tiger because he is ferocious, clever and strong in battle… He’s a husband, he’s a king, he’s a man but above all … he... is…a warrior.”


The strength and power he had was scary and immensely alluring at the same time, but what made me fall for him was the gentleness that was in his soul.


“Out there, King Lahn is a fierce warrior but in here, my Lahn…kah Lahn is sweet.”



Circe will be one of my favorite heroines ever. Her strength, her courage and bravery made her kickass character.


Together they were so freaking hot! Even the fact they didn't share language and couldn't communicte without problems was incredibly sensual.


I have no more words that would be beautiful enough to highlight how flawless, how wonderful and fabulous this book was. I loved everything from the first to the last page and I would never change a thing in this phenomenal romance story.








View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment