Friday, December 13, 2013

Review: Hellion by Elle Casey





Title: Hellion
Series: Rebel #2
Release Date: November 31st, 2013
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No









Quinlan Torres has responsibilities - one more year of college, a brother who needs a lot of extra supervision, and a best friend in the middle of a hostile takeover of her late father's company. The best thing for her to do would be to keep her head down, her eye on the ball, and her mind clear of any distractions. Problem is, her best friend's boyfriend has this brother...





I absolutely adored Rebel, first book in this series. I loved everything Elle Casey wrote in that book. From sweet and incredible romance story to laughing my ass of moments, Rebel was a five star read for me. I was enchanted and hooked. I hoped Hellion will be off the charts amazing too.



But unfortunately, I didn’t love it as much as previous Elle Casey’s novel. Yes, I didn’t hate it nor did not Iike it, but some things were definitely missing. It was not as funny (but still had some pretty badass scenes), it had a frustrating heroine and relationship between Mick and Quin was progressing too quickly.

I adored Jersey. He was the brightest star of this novel. For me, he really did steal the show. He’s the youngest of Quin’s siblings and had many ‘problems’, yet he was so innocent, so freakin’ adorable, I wanted to hug the life out of him. Every scene that involved him was hilarious, cute and so divine. I loved that moments.


What left me unsatisfied was Quin and Mick’s relationship. I didn’t get them together. Yes, they definitely had chemistry and made a great couple, but I felt like something between them was missing, like there was no depth to theirs relationship at all. I actually sensed that there is more between Quinlan and Colin, than her and Mick.

I certainly need to know more about ‘Trouble’ Colin. He caught my attention and I’m very much so rooting for his story. The only thing that worries me the future novels is Alissa. I don’t like her very much.

Overall, as much as entertaining Hellion had been, it just didn't have the same pull to keep me going as Rebel. I was having fun, and laughed many times, but yet , I wasn't completely lost in the story, nor did I was immersed in it. I truly did hope for more. Still, I can’t say that I regret picking it up. I had a blast and would recommend it to all fans of sweet, funny and cute stories.







0 komentarze:

Post a Comment