Friday, December 20, 2013

Review: Always You by Missy Johnson

18403696





Title: Always You
Series: No.
Author: Missy Johnson
Release Date: December 19th, 2013
Rating: 2.5
Cliffhanger: No.


I was thrilled when I was offered a graduate teaching position at the prestigious Tennerson Girls Academy. At twenty-three, this would be my first ‘real’ teaching assignment. Working at the elite boarding school, home to the daughters of some of the wealthiest people in the world, was a great opportunity that I would’ve been stupid to pass up.

One week into my new job, and I suddenly had no idea why I chose high school…I was a seventeen year old boy once, I knew how teenage girls behaved.

You can’t even imagine the hell of trying to teach thirty, hormonal driven seventeen year olds who have been cooped up, away from any male contact.

I could handle the whispers every time I entered the room. I could even handle the obvious attempts at gaining my attention. What I couldn’t handle was her…



Rich bitches and way too many rules. Was it any wonder that I hated school?

Add to that the lack of male contact, and I was going insane. Like literally. I wasn’t used to this. A year ago I was normal. I had a boyfriend, friends and a loving family. There is nothing normal about me anymore, and nobody here lets me forget that.

My name is Wrenn, and I’m only here because my aunt took me in after what happened, but my aunt also happens to be the headmistress of this academy…Can you see my problem?

I’m hated for my lack of money, and I’m hated for who my Aunt is.

Then he arrived. Dalton Reed. My new history teacher.

Slowly, he helped me see that even in the worst situations, there is always hope.







The start was very good, I instantly liked the characters and was impatiently waiting for development. I was engrossed in the things that were happening and I could empathize with Wrenn, that lost her family in an accident. It seems very fascinating to me that though this novel contained many of the elements that would make me love it, I can’t seem to find too much to say about it.

When things started quickly progressing I felt it was too rushed. I wanted to hit someone when I got the ‘insta love’ vibe. For most part of the book, I didn’t feel it was forbidden relationship. Wrenn and Dalton’s behavior as well as constant winking or comments between them in school were very obvious and didn’t give the book the forbidden feel.

Always You is not angsty or too much gut wrenching read. On the contrary, Dalton and Wrenn’s story is nothing like every other student teacher novel I’ve read, which was nice, but also, I have to confess, I missed some drama. Everything went down so effortlessly, it was bordering on boring. I caught myslef a couple of times wishing for more action, more depth or more… something. As much as I liked this story, it wasn’t very thrilling or action packed. I just missed ANGST.


There were few things, I liked very much. The bittersweet ending was a nice touch. It felt like a enjoyable, big red cherry on the top; The book was not bad at all...I think most people will adore Always You more than I did.

Missy Johnson created cute, funny and sweet story. Fans of this type of new adult romance will be in heaven. Personally, I hoped for a little bit more. I didn’t hate this novel but it didn’t impress me either. But If you're looking for a sweet book to kick off the holidays with some romance, this might be a story just for you.












View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment