Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review: The Thrill of It by Lauren Blakely




18457861 





Title: The Thrill of It
Author: Lauren Blakely
Series: No Regrets #1
Release Date: November 21st, 2013
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger: ? hard to say



A new adult story of Love. Sex. Addiction. Blackmail. And Power...

Some say love can be an addiction. Others say it's the thing that makes life worth living. Let me tell you everything I know about love...Love isn't patient, love isn't kind. Love is a game, a chase. A thrill. Love is wild and war-like, and every man and woman must fight for themselves. At least that's how it was for me. A high-priced virgin call girl by the time I started college, I was addicted to love and to sex. Even though I've never had either. I controlled love, played it, and held the world in the palm of my hands. Then I fell down from those highs, and I'm being blackmailed for all my mistakes, forced to keep secrets from everyone, except the only guy I don't regret.

Trey...

With all the other women, I knew what they were. They were temporary. They were pills, they were bottles, they took away all the pain, and numbed the awful memories that wore down my ragged, wasted heart. Until I met Harley. She's the only girl I ever missed when she walked away. But now she's back in my life, every day, and there are no guarantees for us, especially since I don't know how to tell her my secrets. What happened to my family. All I know is she's the closest I've ever come to something real, and I want to feel every second of it.

How can you love with no regrets when regret is all you know?












Love can be the ugly beautiful





The Thrill of It totally wasn't what I expected it to be and this misunderstanding made me quickly fell in love with this deliciously unique and beautiful storyline about tortured characters, that made my heart bleed. I felt glued to the pages, because this enticing, absolutely sexy and beautifully written story about addiction, mistakes and love is fast paced, realistic and so, so hot!

Harley is former call girl and a virgin. She’s addicted to power that comes from sex and she has no idea how to stop thinking about prostituting herself. To get some help she goes to SLAA (Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous) meetings. That’s where she sees Trey, tattoo artist, that she almost spend the night with.






Trey also is addicted to sex. From the time he was teenager he had constant sex with cougars. Women older and more experienced than him. Harley is the only ‘young’ girl he felt attracted to.
SLAA rules say they can’t have sex or be in any kind of relationship in the first year of recovery. Can they say no to their demons?

At the beginning, I wasn’t sure what to think as the first 15% were a little bit confusing. I couldn’t relate to characters well and quite honestly I was on the verge of hating them, but after few more pages, I found myslef hooked on the story. I can’t say I’ve read something so realistic and gut wrenching in a while.




Also, the writing was beautiful. Lauren Blakely mesmerized me. There were moments where the words were stunning and brilliant, and I just floated around with them somewhere far away from reality.











„In an instant, I’m back on earth. I’m no longer floating, removed. I’m here, next to her, and my chest is cracked open, and I’ve given her my bleeding, beating heart, and she’s holding it in her hands, and she’s not crushing it, she’s not destroying it. She’s doing the opposite. She’s getting me. She’s understanding, she’s burrowing her way so far under my skin, into my head, and around my heart that I am dangerously close to joining her in the tears department.”



There were also moments when I laughed really hard.



“I mean, we’re sitting here, and your dick is in my hand, and I’m asking you for tips, and you’re giving me advice for my first blow job, and I’m laughing, and you’re laughing, and it’s kind of awesome.”




Overall, The Thrill of it is simply heartbreaking story. The sexual chemistry is explosive, plot full of angst, nothing feels rushed and there isn’t a thing I would add, because Lauren Blakely created very good novel.

Like my Facebook Page








0 komentarze:

Post a Comment