Thursday, December 12, 2013

Review: More Than Her by Jay McLean






18215175






Title: More Than Her
Series: More #2
Release Date: November 19th, 2013
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger: Yes







"For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction."

For every choice you make there are rewards,
or there are consequences.
It was my choice to walk away the first time.
And my choice to chase her the second.
But sometimes you don't get a choice,
and all you get are the consequences.


"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

Unless that someone is Logan Matthews.
Because loving him didn't give me
the strength to walk away.
It didn't give me
the courage to fight for him.
And when it was over,
all it gave me was a broken heart.







Minor spoilers ahead

I was very excited to read Logan’s story. After how More Than This ended, I was blown away and literally couldn’t believe my eyes. I wanted, no I needed to know who Logan loved and if it was Mickey. This two sentences made me believe More Than Her would be very different story.


img



„I’ve only ever been close to loving someone else one other time. Or at least I thought it could be love. But I had to kill that idea real quick, because the thing is, you don’t fall in love with your best friends girl.”


But it was nothing like I thought it will be. Jay Mclean’s done a very, very bad thing to me. She led me to believe in something that was brutally squished in first pages of Logan’s book. I don’t understand what was the point of this charade, but maybe it was for the better. I probably would DNF More Than Her, if it was Logan – Mickey – Jake triangle. Fortunately, it did not happen. On the other hand, I feel that this all dilemma was unrealistic. It actually made me sigh in frustration few times. I wanted to hit Logan more than once and finally beat some sense into him. He acted like an idiot. Really.

Yet, Logan still had his brilliant moments. Reading about him and being in his head was a nice experience. After I found out, he did not love Mickey in ‘romantic’ way, the book did a one eighty.

img


More Than Her, actually was a book about Amanda and Logan and a very crazy ride into theirs full of sexual chemistry, laugh out loud moments relationship. I can’t say I loved it as much as Mickey and Jake’s, but I guess it was the fact that all plot was a constant reminder how Logan is an absolute idiot, who only thought he loved someone else. True story. If not that fiasco, I could have been over the moon with More Than Her. I just didn’t get that part and it made me constantly shake my head at Logan’s foolishness.

img

Jay Mclean made me laugh, tingle and have a blast, though. As in her previous novel she threw several hilarious scenes, more than enough sexy parts and lots of butterflies in tummy moments. I was pretty satisfied with how the story went, till the end. I wasn’t pleased to learn that Logan and Amanda will get another book (view spoiler), not because I didn’t enjoy reading about them, but for the reason that I have had enough of cliffhangers recently.









0 komentarze:

Post a Comment