Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Book Spotlight with Excerpt: Stray Moon by Kelly Meding



STRAY MOON returns to Shiloh Harrison’s team of Paranormal Marshals who are once again put between upholding the law and doing what is right…


Stray Moon by Kelly Meding
Publication date: February 5, 2019
Published by: Harper Voyager Impulse
Strays series #2
Genre: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy


Para-Marshal Shiloh Harrison has always been a great number two for the East Coast unit. But after her boss is found dead (having betrayed the paranormals he was sworn to protect), she’s suddenly thrust into a leadership role she isn’t prepared for. And it doesn’t help that she traded away memories of one of her most important team members to save another’s life during her last mission.

Too, she’s in charge of a unit that is mired in bureaucratic red tape, meaning she’s essentially under house arrest. But a West Coast Para-Marshal has astral-projected a warning: werewolves are going missing, and she needs Shiloh’s help. Last time it was vampires. This time it’s werewolves. Half-djinn herself, she knows she can’t just sit around and do nothing while paranormals are getting snatched. Her old boss may have broken his oath, but Shiloh will do anything to serve and protect.

Purchase your copy now!
Amazon | B&N | Google Play |  iBooks | Kobo


EXCERPT

The fact that I was now alone in a motel room with a Master vampire was not lost on me. Nor was the way his power crackled the air around us and made my pulse race. My mouth watered with the memory of how his blood tasted.

“You still feel it, don’t you, young djinn?” he asked. “Our connection.”

“Yes. I kind of hate you for it, but you saved my life, so that kind of makes it impossible to try and stake you.”

His lips quirked. “You lack the speed to successfully kill me, but I do admire your forthrightness and tenacity.” He lifted his right index finger to his mouth and punctured the tip with his fang.

The sight of that crimson liquid had me taking two steps toward him, before I stopped myself. Resisting the lure of his blood was not fucking easy. I’d ingested too much not to be drawn to it, to the power that would surge in my veins directly after—but the blood lust. The blood lust made me attack my mom once. I wouldn’t risk my friends’ safety for a hit of my new favorite drug.

“You’re an asshole,” I said.

He threw his head back and laughed. “You are indeed strong. Few who have tasted vampire blood once can resist its call.”

“Put the finger away, Tennyson.” My annoyance at his manipulation attempt tweaked at the Quarrel, and the last thing I needed to do was let it loose this close to a roomful of people I care about.

“Is that what you truly want?”

“Yes.”

“As you wish.” He licked the drop of blood off and no more welled up. The tangy scent lingered in the air, though. “Your turn.”

I grunted, then stabbed the pin into the pad of my left thumb. The sharp prick became a throb. I hadn’t poked it in very deep, just enough to squeeze a drop of blood to the surface. Tennyson’s sweet scent surrounded me, as did he and his power. He’d moved so fast his cloak still swirled around him to catch up. Solid-blue eyes flashed, and I nearly recoiled. Nearly. This was our agreement. My dad would flip his ever-loving shit if he found out about this, but I held still while Tennyson raised my hand to his mouth. A cool tongue flicked across my thumb, and then he was on the other side of the room in a whoosh of air movement.

He stared at me with those headlight eyes, both pale hands pressed to his mouth.

“Was it that bad?” I asked.

“Oh, Shiloh, I’m sorry,” he said from behind his hands. “I should not have done that.”

This was not the reaction I’d expected. “Why? What happened?”

“Your blood…it’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever tasted. No honey, no plant, no other thing I’ve tasted on earth compares. Heaven and earth, what have I done?”


Haven't started the series yet? Read on for more info about the first installment in the series.


STRAY MAGIC by KELLY MEDING

Shiloh Harrison was hoping for a few days off to recover from a particularly nasty assignment, preferably with the help of the talented hands (and, well, the rest of his body too) of her sexy boyfriend, Vincent. But when a group of vampires takes an entire trailer park hostage, there’s nothing to do but make her apologies and get to the scene.

Such is the life of a Federal Marshal in the Paranormal Investigators Unit.

Yet this isn’t like her typical track-and-nab case: something is going on that has vampires scared, and it takes all her strength not to imagine what could frighten such powerful creatures. Unfortunately, she doesn’t have that option. Her boss is MIA, someone is snatching vampires, and there’s a ticking clock that can only end one way: a bloodbath.

Unless she can stop it.


PRAISE FOR STRAY MAGIC:

“An impressive new warrior arises in Meding’s spellbinding urban fantasy series launch. Meding [...] has created a fast-paced story that weaves the mundane and magical together with unparalleled ease [...] This new world of wishes, magic, and high-stakes action is sure to be popular.” Publishers Weekly-starred review)


Purchase Links:
Amazon | B&N | Google Play |  iBooks | Kobo



About Kelly Meding 


Born and raised in Southern Delaware, Kelly Meding survived five years in the hustle and bustle of Northern Virginia, only to retreat back to the peace and sanity of the Eastern Shore. An avid reader and film buff, she discovered Freddy Krueger at a very young age, and has since had a lifelong obsession with horror, science fiction, and fantasy, on which she blames her interest in vampires, psychic powers, superheroes, and all things paranormal. She is also a mama to two amazing fur-babies named Jinx and Puck.

You can find her on:

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment