Thursday, November 19, 2015

Christie's review: Hearts of Blue by L.H. Cosway

25846927




Title: Hearts of Blue
Series: Hearts #4
Author: L.H. Cosway
Release Date: November 19, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger: No

She upholds the law. He breaks it.

Two blue hearts, both alike in bravery
In not-so-fair London, where we lay our scene
From gun crime to petty theft
Where family is blood and survival makes hands unclean
In this place, we find two hearts who should be foes
And yet, amidst the turmoil their love still grows
Misadventure abounds and the divide will bring them strife
But with luck, death doesn’t always mean an end to life.

Hearts of Blue is a standalone contemporary romance that tells the story of star-crossed lovers Karla Sheehan and Lee Cross, a police constable and the thief who steals her heart.





To say I was excited about reading this book is an understatement. This series has become so addictive to me, I just can't get enough. With every book I feel as if the characters just keep getting better and better. When you pick up an L.H. Cosway book, you know you're going to find not only quirky and charismatic characters, but you can depend on getting an untraditional story. And that's why I love her books so much. You don't get trite or predictable, it's what makes her books special and incredibly well written. Time and again, she comes up with couples that are such an unlikely pair, she weaves her words around them, and finds a way to make you feel as if they were made for one another-true soul mates. I admire that about her as an author, it takes true ingenuity and creativity to accomplish that.

In Hearts of Blue, we have one of the most unusual couples I could imagine. A policewoman and a criminal. It seems as if these two would have zero hope of making a connection and keeping it long term. Let me set you straight on that, as long as Lee is one half of the equation anything is possible. What a cheeky, sexy little devil he is. I don't think anyone could resist his flirty come-ons. Poor Karla never stood a chance.



There were so many things I loved about Lee. Beneath his tough exterior was a heart of gold. Yes, he is that bad boy criminal you're expecting, but he's also unexpected in so many ways. His love for his brothers and the sacrifices he's willing to make for them is boundless. Nothing means more to him than protecting the ones he loves. Where some of his misplaced ideals have been formed from the rough existence he's been forced into since childhood, he also knows what is most important in life. Family. Love. Appreciating the little things. He became a father figure to his brothers even though he wasn't the oldest, he's the one everyone looks to for guidance-he's the problem solver and teacher. He passed on the skill of parkour-the skill of urban running and jumping across buildings-almost like spiderman. I loved that about the story, it was one of my favorite things about the brothers.

Karla is a woman of strict morals who uses her career in the law to protect the innocent, the people of the world who so sorely need the help that are neglected and abused.

I took my job seriously. And I only had to take one look at Lee Cross to know that he didn't live on the same side of the law as I did.

I loved that part of her, but also that she had a bit of a rebellious side to her. She isn't afraid to push the boundaries with her strict and uncaring father and that fire in her is one thing that makes her pair with Lee so nicely. And it's her desire to help the helpless that calls to Lee as well. As he is one of those who have been trodden on by society and given a poor situation in life, he's awed by her giving nature. And though she tried her hardest to stay away from him, the temptation proved to be something she couldn't ignore for long.



What else did I appreciate about Hearts of Blue? I liked the fact that Lee never once doubted his desire and feelings for Karla. From the very beginning, he knew what he wanted, and there was no stopping him from going after what he wanted most.

"If I wasn't me and you weren't you, I'd go home with you in a heartbeat. You know that, right?" I told him quietly. For a second he glanced away, then bent his head to reply, his voice husky, "It's because you're you and I'm me that we want each other, Karla. And I wouldn't want it any other way."

His pursuit of her was exciting and enjoyable to watch. What I didn't like so much was Karla's insistence in pushing him away. This was my main reason for detracting a star from my rating. Their relationship started to become more of a cycle rather than a naturally progressing one. There was the flirting, the caving to their emotions, and then her pushing him away out of fear. I totally understand what was behind her uncertainty. But after a certain point, I felt as if she needed to put some trust in him in order for the story to move along.

I loved meeting all of the new fantastic characters and getting the lead in to the following book. As usual, I'm extremely impatient to get my hands on the next book. L.H. Cosway's stellar finesse and skill in creating amazing characters and a story with plenty of heart really shines brightly in Hearts of Blue. All in all, I was very happy with the newest installment to the series. It's a wonderful story of finding love in the most unlikely of places and having the courage to grab onto it with everything you have, consequences be damned.



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook

</["br"]>

View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment