Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles #1) by Sophie Jordan




About The Book:



17254035 Title: Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles #1)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Release Date: 5th November

 

Before she goes after the life she’s always wanted, she’s about to find the one she needs.

Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…








My Thoughts: 


My rating: 5 of 5 stars







img

These days, I mostly bitch about predictabilty, boring plots and themes that are used so many times, I don’t have to read all book to know how it’ll go. Writing unique and refreshing New Adult Book started to be very hard task, as I’ve read so many books in the same taste it’s almost impossible to surprise me. But guess what? Foreplay took me by surprise with it’s predictability (!) and the fact that I freaking loved it anyways. I know crazy, right? I think I’m bipolar.

img

The story follows Pepper, almost twenty year old girl without a real ‘dating’ experience. She has never dated, kissed or had any kind of physical contact with a male. She always crushed on her best friend’s brother and never really thought about other guys. She craved his affection from the time they were kids, but unfortunately Hunter never had the same feelings as she. Now, years later, Pepper still is madly in love with him and she had a little bit of luck. Hunter just broke up with his girlfriend. Pepper and her besties want to seduce Hunter and make him realize, Pepper is the love of his life.

Pepper doesn’t feel confident enough to make a move, though. Her inexperience aka ‘v-card’ stands in her way. So what she has to do? Find a man whore who will cash it.
And Reece the sexy as hell, tattoed and drool worthy bartender will be the one to do so.

I was astonished when the usual ‘virgin heroine meet experienced bad boy hero’ theme was so enjoyable I completely fell for it and almost begged for more. I got hooked on the plot and even the slight love triangle thing didn’t scare me away. It’s so unusual for me. I mean, I - the hater of the haters of love triangles – freaking adored this cute, sexy book!

img

I really don’t have any idea if there was thing I didn’t enjoy. And mind you, normally I would diss the hell out of a New Adult book with a virginal heroine that pins for her best friend’s brother and whines all the time, that she can’t have him. The moment Pepper met Reece, I kind of forgot there was the other guy, she ‘loved’, though. I couldn’t even remember his name. The two just stole the show and the amazing, stunning, off the charts chemistry between them clouded every Hunter (that’s the other guy name) related thing.

Reece and Pepper’s relationship was a constant foreplay. Such a freaking tease! And ladies it was so fucking hott to see them together. The sexual tension blew me away.

img



I was on the cloud nine, filled with this warm, fuzzy emotions and with butterflies in my tummy, high as a kite on romance and I just quickly forgot that Pepper was a little bit frustrating, that there was no uniquness and that I could guess how it would end even before I picked up Foreplay.

Foreplay kind of stole my heart and attacked my brain changing it to a useless goe and I feel so fluffy right now, I want to sing and scream and just hug someone.

img


Overall, I’m not ashmed to confess that from time to time, I need some sweetness in my reading and Foreplay was a like a fluffy bunny, rainbow, unicorn, chocolate and great sex rolled into one.








View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment