Sunday, October 5, 2014

Patrycja's Review: Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward



22843341



Title: Stepbrother Dearest
Series: Standalone
Author: Penelope Ward
Release Date: September 29, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you.

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be.

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here.
I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room.
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him.

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night.

Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California.

It had been years since I’d seen Elec.

When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again.

And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.

I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.

Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel.





"I know I'm not supposed to care. But when it comes to you, what I'm supposed to be feeling has never seemed to matter."



This story follows Greta. She’s sweet, innocent good girl. When the book begins she’s only seventeen year old living with her mother and stepfather. And then one day, she gets to meet her stepbrother, Elec, who will be living in her home for their senior year.

Sweet Greta didn’t anticipate, Elec to be so…

Fuckin’ hot

Intense

Rough

Bad boy

And everything her wet dreams are made of.


But Elec is also so much more… He’s troubled, yes, but his also fragile and deep. Loveable. Amazing.

The two of them didn’t expect that their teasing and banter can lead to one amazing night and two broken hearts.

When they see each other seven years after it, it’s not in the best circumstances. Especially because of Elec’s amazing girlfriend.

Sexy, angsty and forbidden? Check, check and check!

Stepbrother Dearest is a rollercoaster ride full of filthy talk, laugh out loud moments and sizzling sexual tension. It’s everything a fan of sexy can hope for. So, yes I really did enjoyed it! It was quick, easy read that captivated me easily. I loved the tension, the angst and Elec – the main hero, who although could be a big ass, was in reality adorable and swoon worthy.



Greta and Elec were absolutely cute together; I just loved them. When they were teenagers as well as adults, the chemistry between them was off the charts, and although there were some things that irked me, I didn’t let it to ruin the story for me. Even the light love triangle was bearable.

The beauty of the two of them discovering first love… Amazing. I think I swooned when the ‘rough bad boy Elec’ was showing his true self.


“I know that despite my warning, you gave me a piece of your heart anyway last night. And even though I tried to stop it, I gave you a piece of mine."



From the explosive start to the sweet finish, Stepbrother Dearest was engaging read. Penelope Ward created clever, sexy little story that got my mind off problems and let me daydream for a little bit.

I was turned on, I was pissed off quite few times, I also laughed so hard I probably looked like a psychiatric ward patient, because of the amazing banter between our main characters, so yes I can honestly recommend this book.


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment