Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Quickie with SHBB: Whitney Barbetti



We've wrangled some time with our favourite authors and put some questions we've often wondered to them. We've decided  to call it:

 


We're excited to be cozying up with: Whitney Barbetti



I write character-driven New Adult novels, heavy on the emotional connection. I LOVE love. I love writing about broken characters who find their soul mates.




WB: Without a doubt, interacting with my readers, one-on-one. I love receiving their emails and I love joining in discussions in my fan group on Facebook.


WB: “Write a story you’d want to read.” I can’t remember who told me that, but I’ve adopted that mentality for every book I’ve written. Turns out other people like this stuff too.



WB: As far as writing goes, “Don’t market your books – readers will find you.” - - - WORST advice ever.




WB: This is hard. I really have a soft spot for Mira. She makes appearances in most of my books.




WB: This surprises even me, but Jamie Fraser. I honestly struggled with this answer because I’ve read so many exceptional heroes, but after reading Outlander and watching the first half of season one… yes, please. I married a redhead myself, so… yeah. Ha!




WB: YOU by Caroline Kepnes. It’s smart, it’s creepy, it’s unlike anything else I’ve read in so long. I mean, it’s a story about a stalker. But I found him, the stalker, to be the most likable character of the entire book.





WB: I am a strange person myself, so I don’t think a lot of the questions I get are necessarily strange. But I laugh when people ask if my characters are based off of anyone I know. Of course they are – all my characters have something in common with me. (Insert awkward wink here.)


 photo 508FD284-6FD8-4E34-834E-98B4F4619D5A_zpsoianwmfb.gif



Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions we hope you had as much fun as we did. One final one for the road: 


WB: My next project is Mira’s story, tentatively titled SIX FEET UNDER. I don’t have a release date for it!

I’m also working on a book completely unrelated to the world I’ve created with my HE FOUND ME series and TEN BELOW ZERO. It’s more traditional new adult, but with my signature emotional edge.

Thank you for having me, ladies! xo
                                                           
★★★ LIMITED TIME SALE ★★★

TEN BELOW ZERO is on SALE until 23rd June, 2015





“In here,” he said, pushing on the skin above my heart, “you're ten below zero. And you’re closer to death than I am.”

My name is Parker. My body is marked with scars from an attack I don’t remember. I don’t want to remember. I choose to live my life by observation, not through experience. While people are laughing and kissing and connecting, I’m in the corner. Watching them live. I’m indifferent to everything, everyone. The only emotion I feel with any kind of depth is annoyance, and I feel it often.

A text message sent to the wrong number proves to be my undoing.

His name is Everett, but I call him rude. He’s pushy, he’s arrogant, he crowds my personal space, and worst of all: he makes me feel.

He chooses to wear all black, all the time, as if he’s waiting to attend a funeral. Probably because he is.

Everett is dying. And he’s spending his final days living, truly living. In doing so, he’s forcing me to feel, to heal. To come face to face with the demons I suppressed in my memory.

He hurts me, he fulfills me, he completes me. And still, he's dying.



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment