Friday, June 26, 2015

Patrycja's Review: Tyed by LJ Shen

25697968


Title: Tyed
Series: standalone
Author: JL Shen
Release Date: 1 July, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

Rock bottom has built way more champions than privilege has.

Blaire, an underachieving college student with zero prospects and a ton of issues (hey, being the less-successful twin of a gorgeous supermodel would totally do that to you) needs something from Ty.

Mixed Martial artist Ty, a soon-to-be Welterweight champion of the Xtreme Warrior League and the hottest guy in the Bay Area, wants something from Blaire.

But Ty has a secret.
And Blaire can barely even handle his truths.

Life is about to throw a few knockout punches at both of them. Can they handle the pain?

Tyed is a standalone novel.




Blaire is studying Communications only to please her parents. She doesn’t have much of a choice in that matter. So while counting down days till her graduation and anticipating a start to a new (preferably better) life, Blaire has to write her last journalism assignment about something she has no idea of. The topic of her article is MMA…

That’s how she meets Tyler ‘Ty’ Wylder. Broody, violent MMA fighter, who makes her feel not only fear but desire.

I instantly connected with Blaire. Her goofiness and witty remarks made me laugh. If you, like me are a fan of quirky, albeit a little bit crazy and full of shit, sorry I mean sass heroines Tyed is an absolute must read. Blaire is just one of those girls without filter and boundaries whose inner monologues make reader chuckle like a hyena. Her silliness is just so cute! And even though she can act very careless and stupid, it’s hard to stay angry at her. If I had to compare her to some of the other heroines from New Adult novels I’ve read, I would say she reminded me of Elle Casey’s characters – silly, hot tempered yet adorable and witty.


Ty, on the other hand was a hard nut to crack. Sadly, we don’t get to read from his P.O.V and I badly wanted to see what was inside his head. On the bright side, he definitely made me swoon. How could he not? With his hot body, tattoos and perfect amount of alpha pheromones, Ty is not a hero I was able to ignore. For a great part of the book, I found myself trying to figure him out as well as his secrets, but I couldn’t do that, the revelation shocked me. I was very surprised which a plus since romance novels rarely do that to me anymore.


There were few things, I didn’t like though. I didn’t hate them, not entirely, I was just disappointed they turned out like they did. First of all, I kind of wished the sex was hotter. It was not bad, just not overly explicit. I missed that. I was also upset with how Blaire handled some things. I hoped she would be more mature in some areas. She disappointed me greatly.


Despite those issues, Tyed turned out to be entertaining, fast-paced read. Something worth recommending to those ladies who find MMA fighters sexy as hell, enjoy some light-hearted, silly situations and are not opposed to cheeky heroines.

Overall, L.J Shan’s debut novel is definitely noteworthy. I will looking forward to her next releases.




FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment