Monday, May 11, 2015

Christie's Review: The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan

23122175




Title:The Friend Zone
Series: Game On #2
Author: Kristen Callihan
Release Date: May 5, 2015
Rating:4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

Gray doesn’t make friends with women. He has sex with them. Until Ivy.

The last thing star tight-end Gray Grayson wants to do is drive his agent’s daughter’s bubblegum pink car. But he needs the wheels and she’s studying abroad. Something he explains when she sends him an irate text to let him know exactly how much pain she’ll put him in if he crashes her beloved ride. Before he knows it, Ivy Mackenzie has become his best texting bud. But then Ivy comes home and everything goes haywire. Because the only thing Gray can think of is being with Ivy.

Ivy doesn’t have sex with friends. Especially not with a certain football player. No matter how hot he makes her…

Gray drives Ivy crazy. He’s irreverent, sex on a stick, and completely off limits. Because, Ivy has one golden rule: never get involved with one of her father’s clients. A rule that’s proving harder to keep now that Gray is doing his best to seduce her. Her best friend is fast becoming the most irresistible guy she’s ever met.

Which means Gray is going to have to use all his skills to get himself out of the friend zone and into Ivy’s heart. Game on.






To say that I was excited to get my hands on this book would be a monumental understatement. But I was also a little unnerved about the follow up book to The Hook Up. We all know the danger of how much more cutting the disappointment can be when high expectations aren't met. I was ready for that magic that I felt before, the excitement and the butterflies that I felt for Drew and Anna's story. Kristen Callahan had a way of blending witty banter, incredible sexual tension, and well developed characters into one unputdownable package. Would the Friend Zone deliver? My short answer...yes

After reading the prologue, which consisted entirely of Grey and Ivy texting each other from England to America, I was giddy and had a permanent smile on my face. I have no words to explain how adorable these two were with their snarky text messages and lovable, (sometimes dirty) teasing.

GrayG: So as friends, can I still say inappropriate, sex-related things?
IvyMac: Sure. Think of me as just another guy. With a vagina.
GrayG: A. Shudder. B. Yeah, no. C. I had this dream that you were sucking my 8==> But when I looked down, I discovered it was actually a goat...you know. Then I really woke up because I yelled so hard, I fell out of bed. And now I live in mortal terror of goats.




Their quick friendship leaves Gray feeling confused yet exhilarated. For the life of him, he can't understand this bond that's growing with Ivy, a girl he's never set eyes on, but there's something about her that fits and makes him feel right at home with her.

Drew? He's like a brother to me. So why do I feel this intensity in my new-found friendship with Ivy? I'm not sure. It's only been a little over a week of non-stop texting, but already she's become essential-a bright spot in my life.

Ivy has been abroad visiting her mother in England for a year learning the baking business in preparation for taking over running one of the stores. She arrives home for a three month visit and is amazed to find out that her buddy is a huge, golden haired, ripped adonis. Suddenly those cozy, friendly feelings are blurring and she doesn't know what to do with that. Grey is feeling all the same things and it only makes you want them to surrender to their true desires even more.



Ivy was a great heroine, smart, witty, and the kind of girl that stands for what she believes in. I loved her for Grey, and the more I saw them interact, the more I felt that there couldn't have been a better matched pair. This was not an opposites attract type of situation. These two have so much in common, they were like one of those sickening couples that finish each other's sentences, call each other super sweet nicknames, and like all of the same things. You know, the ones that usually want to make you puke because they're so perfect? But Grey and Ivy? You can't help but be charmed and giddy and ready to beg them to get with the program.

Once again, KC has built the anticipation and sexual tension to amazing levels. I was so impatient waiting for the inevitable crash and burn of their platonic relationship I almost couldn't take it. Grey was so obsessed, tender, and protective of Ivy, I knew they would be setting my kindle afire when the tension snapped.



But they had more than one valid reason why crossing the line would be a bad idea. Her father is his potential future agent. He's a star athlete with a reputation and his mother's death has made him afraid to risk his heart. She's moving away to another country permanently in the not too distant future. Then there's the obvious: if they try a relationship and fail, they'll lose each other for good. With all of that stacked against them, it wasn't enough to deter them. They both fell and they fell hard.

What I feel for Gray? It isn't comfortable. It's so intense and so enormous, sometimes I fear my soul can't contain it.

Overall, I had a great experience reading this book. We really get to know Gray and Drew's teammates in more depth and get a little lead in for future books. There's a lot of potential there for more amazing stories. I'm guessing that we're getting Ivy's sister Fiona and Dex, the bearded, tatted, artist who's on the team. I'm so excited for that one!! I would highly recommend this book, even though I found issue with one or two small things, I absolutely consumed this book and left it feeling very satisfied and on a book high. Grey-Grey and Ivy Mac are one of the cutest couples I've come across this year. You're going to want to check these two out.





FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook



View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment