Friday, May 8, 2015

Patrycja's Review: The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan



23122175


Title: The Friend Zone
Series: Game On #2 Can be read as a standalone
Author: Kristen Callihan
Release Date: 5 May, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

Gray doesn’t make friends with women. He has sex with them. Until Ivy.

The last thing star tight-end Gray Grayson wants to do is drive his agent’s daughter’s bubblegum pink car. But he needs the wheels and she’s studying abroad. Something he explains when she sends him an irate text to let him know exactly how much pain she’ll put him in if he crashes her beloved ride. Before he knows it, Ivy Mackenzie has become his best texting bud. But then Ivy comes home and everything goes haywire. Because the only thing Gray can think of is being with Ivy.

Ivy doesn’t have sex with friends. Especially not with a certain football player. No matter how hot he makes her…

Gray drives Ivy crazy. He’s irreverent, sex on a stick, and completely off limits. Because, Ivy has one golden rule: never get involved with one of her father’s clients. A rule that’s proving harder to keep now that Gray is doing his best to seduce her. Her best friend is fast becoming the most irresistible guy she’s ever met.

Which means Gray is going to have to use all his skills to get himself out of the friend zone and into Ivy’s heart. Game on







I love friend to lovers themed stories when they are done just right. I adore the slow built up, characters discovering their true feelings, the push and pull between them, the unbelievable sexual tension. The sparks, the drama, the banter. I am very happy I can say I found it and more in the newest Kristen Callihan’s release.

Meet Gray Grayson – fantastic football player, sweet, loveable guy and yes, ladies A Manwhore. But to his defense, Mr. Grayson is not a jerk and through all book didn’t even flirt with other girls.

Then there is Ivy Mackenzie, a daughter of future Gray’s agent. They form a cute friendship that is just delicious. But there is also attraction there – clear, strong, dazzling lure that was absolute perfection!



Wow! Wow! Wow! I am still gooey inside. This book was just so perfect! The Friend Zone seriously surpassed my expectations. I did like The Hook Up, but didn’t feel like I fell completely, utterly, astonishingly hard in love with it as I did with Gray and Ivy’s story.

After reading the first chapter, I was positive The Friend Zone will be at least a good follow up in the Game On series, but after a while I was shocked to realize it’s not only a decent novel but a ‘make-you-smile-make-you-crazy-and-all-gooey’ masterpiece I won’t be able to forget.



It was flirty, sexy and so damn cute. The sexiness oozed from the pages! And the main characters were the best couple I’ve ever read about. They were so adorable, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. There was so much goofiness involved I think I looked like a psychiatric run away must of the time. I am sure some people were looking at me with their ‘WTF’ faces. But guess what? I didn’t care. I had too much fun to be worrying about it. Gray and Ivy were more important at that moment. (I guess I should mention I was reading The Friend Zone while being on my History and Culture of USA lecture?)


The best part of the book, though, was for me Ivy. She was character I instantly connected with. She was witty, smart, adorable and badass! I loved how much she reminded me of… myself. I must say, it was very nice to read about heroine who was not petite – I am, just like Ivy, six feet tall and I understand her insecurities and everything that’s connected with being so damn tall! It was refreshing and nice to read about.

You are the happiness I never realized I needed.


Summing up, The Friend Zone is absolute MUST READ. I loved it with every fiber of my being and I will be definitely rereading it in the future. It’s just one of those sweet stories that leave you full of hope, love and dreams.




FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook




0 komentarze:

Post a Comment