Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen





Title: Forever of Ella and Micha (Secret #2)
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Release Date: 28th May 2013
add to Goodreads


Summary:

Ella and Micha have survived tragedy and heartbreak. When they're together, anything seems possible. But now they are thousands of miles apart, and managing their long distance relationship will put their love to the test.

Ella is back at school, trying hard not worry so much about her future. But with her father in and out of rehab, she's having a hard time making it through the days. All she wants is Micha by her side, but she refuses to let her problems get in the way of his dreams.

Micha spends his days touring the country with his band, but deep down he knows something is missing. Being away from Ella is harder than he thought it would be. He wants her closer to him-needs her with him. But he won't ask her to leave college, just to be with him.

The few moments they do spend together are intense and passionate, but it only makes it more difficult when they have to part. They know they want to be together, but is wanting something enough to get them to their forever?



My Review:


“I’ll always be with you, inside and out,” she reads it. “Through hard times and helpless ones, through love, through doubt.”

The Forever of Ella and Micha is highly anticipated sequel that follows relationship between Ella and Micha and shows that even if a couple gets together not everything is always perfect.  I have to confess I was a little hestitant toward follow-up to Secret of Ella and Micha, because I thought the ending in the first book was right and that it didn't need a sequel. Unfortunately, some of my concerns, proved to be right.

" A forever? Does a thing such exist?"

Ella is back in school and is dealing with her emotional issues while Micha is touring with his new band. Long distance between them becomes another obstacle and both of them quickly realize that their relationship wouldn't be unicorns and rainbows.

Ella has problems with her dad, notoriuos alcoholic, who don't want to be in rehab, besides that, she's fighting with guilt, loneliness and depression. I really liked Ella in Secret, but in Forever she has totally changed, and sadly not for the better. Sometimes I had enough of her actions and thougts. I missed her spunk and willpower that glittered in first book. I don't want to spoil anything, but in nutshell she's the one that is destroying everything with Micha. Actually it is base of the plot.

Micha, like always, made me smile. He's everything a girl want to have in her man. Handsome rockstar with pirced lip that has lot of courage and softed side. I love how he fights for future with Ella. How he is not giving up on her, even when she hurts him badly. It made me swoon, he really is a modern Prince Charming.

"Ella is it for me. The way I feel about her is never going to change. I will love her forever, but I need her closer to me, not thousands of miles away. "


Plot had a lot of potential, but it was not exploited. Sadly, I have to say, that it would be better for the story if  sequel was never written. I had a feeling lots of situations were forced, because the book still  didn't have enough pages. It is like jumping from one catastrophe to the second one and it doesn't give me satisfaction.

 On the other hand Jessica Sorensen created amazing story about first love, first commitment and fear that is standing on the way to happiness. Which makes it worth buying and reading.

First book in series Secret of Ella and Micha









0 komentarze:

Post a Comment