Monday, May 27, 2013

Review: Friend-Zoned by Belle Aurora





Title: Friend - Zoned (Friend- Zoned #1)
Author: Belle Aurora
Release Date: 13 April 2013
add to Goodreads

Summary:

Nikolai Leokov never thought he'd fall in love with the only girl he's ever befriended.

Valentina Tomic has issues with commitment after the ultimate betrayal.

When Tina decides to make broody Nik's day better, she never thought she would end up friends with the hard man.

Nik has never had a woman be so affectionate to him without expecting something in return.

Nik and Tina cordially invite you to read Friend-zoned.

A story of friendship, humour and love


My Review
 
Friend-zoned is sweet, charming and delightful read that totally stumped on my expectations (which, frankly were really low, and now I'm ashmed because of even thinking it'd be meh kind of book). Belle Aurora created cute, quirky story packed with drama and action that made my heart clench and took me high above the ground because it was everything that I love in romance books.

Tina Tomic, owner of Safira clothing store  while looking out of her store window observes broody, sad but handsome man who's taking his smoke breaks. It quickly becomes her fascination and she can't throw him out of her mind. That's why she sends him candy and wax lips with card saying:

"Smile sometimes, handsome"

This is a beginning to theirs relationship, which isn't going as you think it should go, because Tina doesn't ask Nikolai Leokov out, instead she says:

 “So we can be friends, right?”

Wait, what?

I stare at her, a frown forming at my mouth.

Did I…? Did I just get Friend-zoned?

I look over again to see Tina nodding vigorously and smiling brightly.

Wow, this has never happened to me before.


And this is a start for their rollercoster ride, a ride that'll change both of them. I really enjoyed the relationship between the main characters. It was refreshing to read a romance book without insta love, where you can clearly see as the feelings between protagonists progress.

I have to say that I adore the way Belle Aurora created characters, every one of them is so realistic and adorable! Tina's friends are awesome! All the characters are easy to relate with, because of the fact  they stand up for themselves, laugh and have fun together, cry and hurt with one another one and frankly you can call them a role model friends, and you wouldn't be lying. At all. Each of them is unique and individual, has his/hers flaws and virtues. Besides Aurora's BOYS ARE HOT!

Friend-Zoned is  refreshing read, where comedy is perfectly blending with realistic world. There is
humor, qurkiness, but don't let it fool you. Friend-zoned is hidding deeper emotions and drama.
Summing up, I laughed. I cried. I cringes. I felt hot. I swooned. Then I laughed some more. And shed some more tears.


Now I'm waiting for second book in Friend-Zoned Series called love thy neighbour which is about Nat and Ghost, squee! 
 



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment