Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review: More Than Him by Jay Mclean



18879990




Title: More Than Him
Series: More #3
Author: Jay McLean
Release Date: January 28th, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson

We live in a world of darkness and shadows,
where monsters hide and aim to ruin.
And they did.
They ruined us and turned our dreams into nightmares.
But now we're back.
And we're fighting.
Not just for us, or for each other, but for our light.




Jay McLean made me cry, swoon, laugh and feel so many different things in this beautiful and incredibly romantic story I feel emotionally overwhelmed. Logan and Amanda story will definitely be close to my heart and I don’t think that I will ever forget how much I adored this novel. It definitely was better than first part of Logan and Amanda’s journey. Why? Because it bleeds true feelings: heartache, pain, love and tear jerking moments are constant reminder why I admire Jay McLean’s writing. Not only did I feel close to the characters, I felt like I was part of this story also.



More Than Him starts exactly where the previous book left off. Logan left Amanda and she has to nurse her broken heart. She doesn’t have any idea how she’ll be able to live without the love of her life. Still, Amanda tries to pick up the broken pieces of her soul and slowly come back to life. Even if she has to fake ‘normalcy’.



When one year passes, Logan and Amanda’s paths cross again. And despite what he did, Logan still loves Amanda with all his heart. Now he has to fight for his girl and apologize for all of his mistakes. He has to make Amanda trust him, love him, forgive him, be with him.


"But I'm going back, and when I do, I'm going to fight for her. It could take me days, weeks, months, years. It doesn't fucking matter."





Logan is no longer a boy we met in More Than Her . He finally became a man, which I could see while reading his journal. He has terrible nightmares, suffers from anxiety and frankly he’s broken. The only light in his dark world is Amanda.


"In a life full of shadows, and darkness, and monsters, you're my light. When the blackness fades, and the memories subside, you'll be there. You're always there."




Writing that Logan and Amanda’s journey was beautiful is not enough. There are not words that can describe how wonderful it was. Yes, they had lots of obstacles to overcome and they made even more mistakes but when they were together it was like whole world stopped existing. I was mesmerized by how stunningly McLean’s finished their book.


"Because I love you. I’ve always loved you. I’ll always love you. And I hope that that’s what you feel when you think about this moment. Loved."




I LOVED this book. More Than Him is a solid five star read. From the first page to the last I was hooked. I got everything I needed from this book. Perfect mix of angst, drama, heartbreak with plenty of sweet, swoon worthy and laugh out loud moments. It was just ideal read for me. It was funny. Sexy. Amusing. Cute. And all kinds of steamy. Did I mention it was perfect?







View all my reviews

1 komentarze:

  1. Perfect review! With all the great books out there on my tbr, I'm being frustrated because I don't have the time to read all of them.
    I read the previous installments and really enjoyed them. I should think about pick this one now! :)

    ReplyDelete