Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: Ravage Me by Ryan Michele


19569028


Title: Ravage Me
Series: Ravage MC #1
Author: Ryan Michele
Release Date: February 4th, 2014
Rating: 1.5 stars


After spending the last two years stuck behind bars for a crime she didn’t commit, Harlow ‘Princess’ Gavelson’s time inside has finally come to an end, and she’s ready for revenge. Unfortunately, being the daughter to the Vice President of the Ravage Motorcycle Club cuts into her plans, as orders must be followed. Trying to settle back into this life is proving difficult when the tables are turned and the woman who framed her is out for blood. Lucky for Princess, growing up in a MC has taught her how to hold her own.

After spending years in hell overseas, Donavon ‘Cruz’ came home to lose the very thing he went into hell for, sending him to the darkest moments of his life. Joining Ravage two years ago was his safe haven, and he protects his family at all costs.

When a dark-haired bombshell struts into the club’s shop, he’s caught off guard but immediately knows she’s the one he’d do anything for. Tough as nails, and taking no crap from anyone, he’s captivated by a woman who could handle this life. Trying to meet the needs of the MC business and follow his heart proves to be difficult when the two collide, and lives are at stake.

Can these two find a way to be together, or will the needs of Ravage cost them everything, including their lives?

*Contains mature content including, sex and violence. Mature audiences only.*




I tried very hard to like this book. After all, I’m immensely enjoying good, dirty MC books that mix love and romance with dark and gritty.

Ravage Me, though was not a book for me. I really did try to see the positive aspects of it but after I reached the ending I was disappointed in myself. Why is that, you ask? Well, I promised myself hundreds or even thousands times that I won’t be torturing myslef and wasting precious reading time on something that only pisses me off.

And yet here I’m angry, frustrated and completely tired of going against my bookworm’s instinct. I should’ve ditched Ravage Me instantly after finding the thing that ticked me off. But no, I continued the journey through insta-love hell.




The story is about Harlow, a daughter of VP, who just finished her sentence in prison. She was there for two years, and now she can finally go back to her life with MC. Harlow also wants to get revenge on the chick that put her behind the bars and she won’t stop till she her blood on her fingers. 

When she was away the club patched few more members and one of them is sexy Cruz.

Harlow sees Cruz and lust after him immediately. Cruz sees Harlow and wants her pussy, two seconds later… Cruz thinks Harlow is his ol’ lady. Five seconds later… they fall in love and have sex, lots of sex. Oh, and yeah it totally doesn’t matter that Harlow never sleeps with patched brothers.




I felt like Cruz got carried away. In one day he (view spoiler) His actions didn't make sense. It felt to rushed and so unrealistic…

The story, the plot, other characters even if they held a great potential were bleached for me, because I simply couldn’t let go of the insta love. I loathed it so much I felt queasy every time Cruz or Harlow were confessing their undying love.

What was wrong with these people? THERE IS NO WAY YOU LOVE SOMEONE AFTER ONE DAY OR JUST ONE LOOK. Yes, of course you can be attracted to this person. Yes, you can lust after him/her but it’s just NEED TO HAVE SEX. That’s it. Nothing more. So please, don’t throw at me this unrealistic bullshit were the unicorns are puking pink glitter and the heroine’s pussy is made of gold. Puhlease. Have mercy.




I love to read good, heartbreaking, realistic romances. I love to see how and why people fall in love. This all process is what intrigues me and catches my attention. Without it the book is just pointless, boring and stupid. Without it I have no interest of reading further.

So, Insta Love is Insta Turn off. You don’t mind it much, go for it. You absolutely, hate, loathe, dislike it? Stay away.


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest




View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment