Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Review: Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting



18344534


Title: Clipped Wings
Series: Clipped Wings #1
Author: Helena Hunting
Release Date: March 4th, 2014
Rating: 3.75 stars
Cliffhanger: Yes.



An emotional love story that follows the touch-and-go relationship of Hayden and Tenley; two young people who desperately want to love and be loved but are afraid to completely let go of their pasts.

As Hayden and Tenley navigate their newfound but slightly unstable relationship, they want to trust each other, but Hayden is hiding a dark and shameful past that he doesn't ever want Tenley to find out about. And Tenley has secrets of her own that could make Hayden run away forever. When Tenley asks Hayden to put a beautifully elaborate tattoo across her back, the two form what they thought was an unshakeable bond. But when Tenley's past shows up on her doorstep, will Hayden stand by her side...or run?





After finishing prequel novella called Cupcakes and Ink by Helena Hunting I knew, that I won’t be able to stop myslef from wanting to read more of her work.

I fell in love with her incredibly beautiful writing and damaged characters, so sixty pages weren’t enough to satisfy my hunger. I needed to know more about Tenley and Hayden’s story. Once I reached the ending of Clipped Wings, I was very satisfied and despite few issues I had, I can say that it was a damn good story.




Written in dual POV, Clipped Wings starts exactly where Cupcakes and Ink left of. Hayden and Tenley are attracted to each other and don’t know what to do with it. They act like shy middle school students with their first crush. It was sweet and all kinds of adorable to see them this way. Especially Hayden. That made my day :)

But that phase doesn’t last long. The impulse to know more about each other pushes them together. With every new encounter they slowly reveal themselves to each other. Both of them have a secrets and fresh scars that are hard to forget about. When Tenley ask Hayden to tattoo her, the story only gets more spicy and complex...




I’m a sucker for story with classic yet beautiful plot about two broken people who heal each other and learn to let go. Clipped Wings was gut wrenching read and I enjoyed most of it. I was very fond of Hayden and my heart beat faster when he said something sexy, which was almost every time he opened his mouth.

But after some time I was very tired of constant running in the circles. I felt like some things repeated themselves and it was very hard for me to not skim the pages. I couldn’t stop myslef from sighing in frustration few times. While I did enjoy the plot and was a great fan of the hero I felt the need to use shake him and Tenley!




Overall, Clipped Wings is a very nice story. There were many things I immensely enjoyed and found sexy or beautiful. Despite being frustrated by the characters and their actions once or twice, I quickly forgave them only to be having fan again.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest

*ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review




View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment