Sunday, May 26, 2013

Review: Unravel Me Tahereh Mafi



 Title: Unravel me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: 5th February
add to Goodreads


Summary:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.
Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


My Review

It’s really hard for me to write this review, because for the first time in my entire life I have no idea what to say, and you have to know there is a little things in this world that could make me speechless. Unfortunately  Unravel me was one of those things. I mean why, WHY THE FUCK it turned out to be everything I was afraid it would be? WHY MAFI HAS DONE THIS TO ME ???????

First and foremost I love Ms. Mafi for her writing. There is nothing in this world that can make me so vulnerable and exposed. I mean I rarely feel this way when I’m reading prose, It’s mostly poetry that can make me undone, but here, oh god, sometimes it was painful (in good way of course) to read another word, sentence.  I loved every metaphor, every  allegory and comparison, I felt like it was bleeding with it, making reading ya book entirely different experience.  More mature and I don’t know, more developed in every way.

After finishing Shatter me more than a year ago I knew Unravel me would be fantastic, I had no reason to think differently, but I was scared that author would make me hate it too. And it has happened. There were so many things I hated! So many things I despised that I would gladly rip off some pages from book (good think I have an e –reader, though). I’m feeling miserable because of it, especially since paradoxically  I loved Unravel me with every fiber of my broken heart.

What do I hate then? Don’t read it if you are a psycho Warner fan or hadn’t read this book yet. There’ll be lot of spoilers.

So firstly, WARNER.

 I feel like writing an entire epos about my hate for this boy. So skip it if you don’t share my opinion or don’t like using bad words, couse I’m feeling fuckin’ insane right now and will be cursing lot.
I mean how can anyone LIKE THIS SOCIOPATH? HOW?????????

What’s wrong with girl who are drooling and fainting and all that shit over him because his GOREGOUS? Half of men population is good looking, does it mean I should fucked them? No. This means I should cross my fucking legs hard and don’t come closer with my vagina. The fact that he killed a soldier, tortured and manipulated people and made Juliette hurt another human being is purely WRONG. Like bad! I mean, Warner’s a sick bastard and the fact that he has even more sociopathic father doesn’t mean he can kill people and girls will understand it cause he wasn’t loved and had bad childhood. Guess what? Half of people had crap in their lives and we have only few percent of son of a bitches. So, Warner? IS A BAD KITTY. Doesn’t matter he's fluffy, and has a nice name – Aaron. Or he hadn’t killed a puppy.

I HATE FUCKING LOVE TRAINGLES, is simple as that, and when an author is doing this shit in  a book I love I’m going insane. SO PLEASE STOP. NOT EVERY TEENAGE GIRL WANTS TO HAVE TWO COCKS. I think one is enough and I’m 19 for fuck’s sake.  And I think when you’re in love you’re not messing with other boy. Is simple as that.

Juliette made me mad so many times, I was happy and jumped in joy when Kenji told her to get her shit together, almost the only thing she did was mopping around and crying. Oh and saying sorry and I didn’t mean that.

“oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry”

So, fuck yeah Kenji for saying something brilliant!


I was furious with her when she made out with Warner, almost gone all the way, and then started telling oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry oh, I’m so sorry, I  I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that I didn’t mean that.
I love Adam!!! – holly fucking Nobel Prize for her that she remembered that fact.  Really.

And Adam… oh, fuck, I adore him. Even when his making mistakes he sees it and his trying to be better person. I wish I could be like him, so strong and loyal. I think he wasn’t really appreciated in this book. Yes, he gets his moments, but they are a small parts in comparison to Warner or even Kenji..  it’s sad.

Anyway I’m giving this book five daises. Why? Because I loved it as much as I hated it. And I hope in sequel will see Adam and Juliette helplessly in love without WARNER lurking around, cause he’ll be locked in really small cage with starving mama bear. And Juliette will get her shit together and stop saying sorry for every disaster in this fucking world.



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment