Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review of Survivng Raine by Shay Savage





Title: Surviving Raine
Author:  Shay Savage
Release Date: 21th May 2013
Add to Goodreads

Summary:

As the captain of a schooner catering to the elite on the Caribbean Seas, Sebastian Stark does his best to avoid any human encounters. Interacting with people isn’t his thing, and he prefers the company of a bottle of vodka, a shot glass, and maybe a whore. There’s no doubt he’s hiding from a checkered past, but he does well keeping everything to himself…

…until the night his schooner capsizes, and he’s stuck on a life raft with one of the passengers.

Raine’s young, she’s cute, and Bastian would probably be into her if he wasn’t suffering from alcohol withdrawal. As the days pass, DTs, starvation, and dehydration become the norm. Even the most closed person starts to open up when he thinks he’s going to die, but when she realizes their traumatic pasts are connected, it’s no longer the elements that have Bastian concerned.


He has no idea how he’s going to Survive Raine.

My Review


Surviving Raine is a story about Sebastian, captain of a ship that makes cruises on Caribbean Sea. Sebastian is antisocial alcholic who has sex only with hookers. And one day when he's shitfaced, his ship sinks *drum rolls*. People are saving themselves by going for lifeboats, and this idiot, I mean main character passes out. Smart, isn't he? Anyway, when he wakes up he's alone and there isn't any lieboat for him, so Sebastian uses surviving kit and watches as his ship, his only home sinks. Oh, did I mention, that he saved a girl who was drawning?

 So, no we have beautiful Caribbean sea:





a raft:









and Captain Sexy The Biggest Asshole of the Whole World:

 

 











and Raine Ms. Naive-I'm-so-fluffy-I-want-to-puke. Twice.









So let’s imagine what can happen on a small raft between fucked up alcoholic who's on detox and 20 old year girl who doesn’t  know shit about life, when we mix them and say ‘abracadabra’, shall we?
That’s what we now have:


"Well, is there something I can do to help with that?" she asked, "or are you just going to yell at me all the time?"

That was it. I couldn't hold my temper back any longer.

"Yeah, there is something you can do," I said coldly, turning my glare at her. "Come here and blow me. That would probably ease a bit of my tension - especially if you swallow."</b>

"Fucking hell!” I screamed, shoving her off of me.  She was so light, I tossed her into the other side of the raft where she bounced against the fabric wall.
“I’m sorry!” she screamed again.
“Holy shit, bitch!” I yelled.  “You could have taken my fucking eye out!”


“Should have fucking let you drown!”


“One fucking shot!” I screamed out, causing Raine to jump and let out a little squeaking sound.  I narrowed my eyes, realizing she had been touching my shoulder again. 

“Are you a fucking mouse?”
“No,” Raine said cautiously.  “Why would you ask me that?”
“Because you fucking squeak,” I snarled.  “Don’t do that again.”
“You startled me.”
“I’ll do a whole hell of a lot more than that if you don’t shut the fuck up and quit touching me.”

"Are you fucking deaf now, too?”

"I sighed and sipped at the cup of water for a minute before I finally looked over to her.  Aside from looking like she probably hadn’t slept more than an hour, there was a barely visible bruise on her right cheek.  My stomach lurched and tightened.
“Where did that come from?” I asked, almost a thousand percent sure I didn’t want to know the answer.
“What?”
“The fucking bruise on your face.  What the fuck happened?”
Her eyes flickered away for a moment, and then she looked back to me and locked her gaze with mine.
“You hit me”

And after a while we have lots of this:








Summing up, Sebastian is a dick, and  I don’t understand how Raine  could handle him. Of course he has had his moments, but for me it wasn’t worth it. At all. I wish I could say he has changed, but at the end of the book he acted the same, of course he didn’t call her names, but wasn’t respecting her either.

This book holds wonderful potential and I know that lots of women will fall for Sebastian, but unfortunately that woman was not me. It wasn’t the ole’ bad boy attitude I love, Sebastian is just fucked up, so much I don’t see when the good and evil has an end in him.

The characters made me want to pull my hair out, that’s why Surviving Raine will get only 3 pink daises from me.  Minus one because of Dickward of The Year (I mean people say shit about Daemon Black or Travis Maddox! What I have to say about this jerk…) and Minus for Raine (I’m nineteen and I would not let someone treat me this way! For the fuck’s sake she is a woman not a bitch!)












0 komentarze:

Post a Comment