Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren






 Title: Beautiful Broken Rules
Author: Kimberly Lauren
Release Date: 14th May 2013

add to Goodreads 

 Summary:

What happens when you create rules to keep others out?

One thing Emerson Moore has come to terms with is that she is the school slut. She knows her way around a frat house and how to get what she wants. She doesn’t make any excuses for her actions and she doesn’t pretend to be anything different. She is who she is and with that she knows how to have a good time. She’s made rules to keep relationships at bay and avoid the demons of her past.

When her best friend, Cole has his two friends from back home move in with him she begins to think she has met her match with Jaxon Riley. Jax is the perfect mixture of tattooed muscle and a sweet-talking mouth. With “hand” written notes, a voice that exudes sex and knowing just how to get under her skin, Jaxon learns how to break all the rules. But will he just end up breaking her heart anyway?

New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 18 and up


Review:



Emmerson is school slut and has exactly three  rules:

"never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship (when this isn't disclosed to me, it is not my fault), and finally, never sleep with someone more than three times."


 Sadly, she's doing everything she can to be seen as a whore, because this is her coping mechanism.
Knowing about this made me hestitant about reading Beautiful Broken Rules, because if I don't like a protagonist, I can't connect with the story and in this case, something like this has happened. I knew I should stay away from a book where main character is a "slut" and she feels good with it, but then I thought that maybe, just maybe I'll understand her reasons or she would have another virtues that will make me like her. But unfortunately, that didn't happen.
 And what to say about the rest?

Hmm... almost everything was hidden and unexplored by me, because I was only thinking about Emm and her actions, which were bad. I guess I should feel the same when I read a book with male who's whoring himself, but to be honest, when they fall they're always genuine. Em was hurting everyone, including herself and Jaxon.


Summing up,

great potential - not so fine main character = 3 daises.

Maybe book about Jace will be awesome? I hope so, because I know I'll give Kimberly Lauren another chance. 






 

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment