Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review: Fading by E. K Blair






Title: Fading (Fading#1)
Author: E. K Blair
Release Date: 19th June
Rating: 5+
add to Goodreads


Summary:

Can a guilty conscience keep wounds from healing?

Fine arts major, Candace Parker, grew up with a mother who thinks image is everything, and her daughter’s perfection will never be good enough. About to graduate college and pursue her dreams of becoming a professional ballerina, Candace decides it’s time to let go and have a little fun. But fun is short-lived when a brutal attack leaves her completely shattered.

The memories that consume and torment Candace are starting to destroy her when she meets Ryan Campbell, a successful bar owner. He feels instantly connected and tries to show her that hope is worth fighting for. But is Ryan harboring his own demons? As walls slowly begin to chip away, the secrets that are held within start to become painful burdens.

At what point do secrets become lies?

(17+) This book contains mature subject matter that is not suitable for those under the age of 17.


Review:

Fading – Story That Women Will Never Forget.


Blair’s novel is heart-wrenching, phenomenal read that will break your heart over and over again. It’s like ocean when the strom’s coming: Dangerous, unpredictable and dark. There’s nothing you can do to prevent inventible, because you can only observe and feel.


Candace’s is college senior with absolutely normal life. She’s studying hard and working in a café, having problems with her family and trying hard to make her dream come true, she wants to be professional ballerina. But one night everything changes for her. She’s raped.




After that day she’s suffering from panic attacks, fear, night terrors, she blames herself and feels dirty. Her happiness quickly is forgotten, and now she fights every day – fights for life.

"I sit here, on the bottom of the shower, and everything I know about myself, everything I love, everything I am begins to fade."


“I'm fading." I feel the heat of my tears as they linger down my cheeks. "He took all my light, and I've been fading ever since."




Welcome to Candace’s life - emotional roller coaster that offers pain, fear, loneliness and great fight for being normal… again , strong friendships and… love. The only thing that can heal.


The story would be only a shell if it not for Ryan Campbell, character that will make you swoon. He’s Candace’s healer and her only hope of having a normal life again.


Fading left me breathless, shaking corpse filled with mix of feelings that were all over my mind. I know it’s paradox but it’s the only metaphor that will really describe me after I finished reading. This debut novel can change a person and make him/her understand the pain, blame, fear. This powerful and compelling story will be painfully written in my heart for the rest of my life.

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment