Monday, June 17, 2013

Review Left Drowning by Jessica Park









Title: Left Drowning
Author: Jessica Park
Release Date: 16th July
Rating: 5 stars
add to Goodreads


Summary:


What does it take to rise from life’s depths, swim against the current, and breathe?
Weighted down by the loss of her parents, Blythe McGuire struggles to keep her head above water as she trudges through her last year at Matthews College. Then a chance meeting sends Blythe crashing into something she doesn’t expect—an undeniable attraction to a dark-haired senior named Chris Shepherd, whose past may be even more complicated than her own. As their relationship deepens, Chris pulls Blythe out of the stupor she’s been in since the night a fire took half her family. She begins to heal, and even, haltingly, to love this guy who helps her find new paths to pleasure and self-discovery. But as Blythe moves into calmer waters, she realizes Chris is the one still strangled by his family’s traumatic history. As dark currents threaten to pull him under, Blythe may be the only person who can keep him from drowning.

This book is intended for mature audiences due to strong language and sexual content.

Note: due to mature content recommended for Ages 17+





Review:

I was provided with an advanced electronic copy of this book from the author in return of an honest review.



Left Drowning is captivating, seat gripping novel that is absolutely beautiful and heart shattering. Once again I was wowed by Jessica Park and her undeniably good writing and story that is like no other.  Reading it is torment but in the best possible way. 

Blythe is collage senior who carry to much weight on her shoulders. She’s alone and depressed and still hurting because of the death of her parents and the guilt that hunts her down.  Every day she’s struggling with the past that she cannot let go. Even after four years she’s still mourning and being only a shell of herself. But one days she meets Chris who tells her:

"It's okay. Breathe into it. 
Let it happen. I'm here."


After that she begins a hard journey of healing her mind and heart, she’s learning to just let go.
Chris Shepard is another senior student, the oldest of four siblings, he’s a rock that everyone is leaning on, but even he  has his limits. Limits that are being pushed way too much. When he meets Blythe he’s forced to face his fears and pain. 

From the first chapter to the last sentence I was hooked by this heart wrenching, emotional  journey. There are no words to describe how powerful and thrilling  are  Blythe and Chris feelings for each other.  They’re coping with their past the only way they know how. But together they’re trying to find remedy for their pain and guilt. 


"Just feel me, Chris, then nothing else matters. Belief in anything is hard, I know. But I am asking you to believe in me and to believe in us the way I can. Can you do that?"



The instant attraction they have for each other is enchanting.  I adored everything about the slow built up of their relationship and almost perfect mix of emotional side of it with physical side.  Intimacy between them is absolutely breathtaking, I’m still a little bit speechless, when I’m thinking about it. There are lot of scenes that made me hot and bothered, and the ones that made me cry so hard I was afraid I’ll destroy my e-reader, because I don’t think it’s waterproof. 

I also have to mention Shephard’s siblings, because I totally adored this family. In spite of everything that had happened they were great together. 

Overall,  Left Drowning is phenomenal and breathtaking story about fighting with past and pain that sometimes is too hard to handle.  






0 komentarze:

Post a Comment