Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Bad Things by R. K Lilley







Title: Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1)
Author: R. K Lilley
Release Date: 11th June
add to Goodreads 


Summary:

Danika hasn’t had an easy life. Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier.

One look at Tristan, and every brain cell she possessed went up in smoke. This man was trouble with a capital T. It was a given.
She knew better. Bad boys were bad. Especially for her. Considering her history, it was crazy to think otherwise. So why did crazy have to feel so damn fine?

For as long as she could remember, Danika had been focused on the future with single-minded purpose. Tristan came along and taught her everything there was to know about letting go, and living in the present. She fell, hard and deep. Of course, that only made her impact with the ground that much more devastating.

Bad Things is about Tristan and Danika, and their train wreck of a love story. This series can be read as a standalone, or with the Up in the Air series.

Bad Things is a full length novel, at roughly 105,000 words.
This book is intended for ages 18 and up.
 




Review: 



"Bad Things" is first book by R. K Lilley I have ever read, because I haven't gotten a chance to read her Up in The Air Series, although I've heard great things about it, and I must say I'm quite impressed by Danika and Tristan's story. It's so passionate and steamy!

Danika is twenty-one year old nanny who lives with family she working for, her boss Bev is her best friend and despite the age gap between them they love each other. Jerry, Bev's husband is aspiring music manager, who likes to help young rock stars when they are "between residences". This way Danika meets Tristan, who's another project of Jerry. They're quickly dicovering sexual attraction between them, that's pulling them together like magnets. Unfortunately, Danika has had enough bad boys in her life and she's not ready for more troubles. Fact that Tristan's man-whore doesn't help situation either.

“I’m bad… when it comes to relationships, which is why I don’t do them.”

I couldn’t help it. I had to ask. “So what do you do?”

“Hookups. Brief, casual hookups. How about you?”

I shook my head, pursing my lips at him… “I do relationships. No exceptions. Never had a casual hookup in my life.”

He sighed… “Well I guess that makes things less complicated. We’ll be
friends, then.”



And they are trying really hard to stay friends, because they're both afraid to lose their friendship, but with chemistry that is rising and fireworks that makes Danika's body burn they're like a moth to the flame. They can't help themselves.


Their relationship is rapidly developing and their instant sexual attraction for each other make it impossible to be only friends....

"Tell me not to kiss you.”
“Don’t kiss me.”
“Mean it.”
“I can’t.”



"Bad Things" is filled with scorching passion and desire. The sexual tension between main characters is almost impossible to handle without needing to change panties more than once.Tristan is a man worth swooning for. He's protective, funny and smokin' hot, did I mention he can cook like nobody else and has tats that make you drool? Besides this, he's an alpha male and dominant in bed, but not in S&M way, which was great! I love when men is dominant, but I'm not into BDSM so I was glad there wasn't any sex slave and master action. I loved that Tristan was a dirty talker and his actions were panty drenching!

“I’m going to fuck you hard on the hood of this car, in the pouring rain. And. You. Are. Not. Going. To. Forget. It.”


"something he was doing finally snapped me out of my trance.
“Why are you still holding a pillow over your lap?” I asked.
He sent me an wry smile, bending down to pick up his duffle bag, which he’d set behind the couch. “Can’t you guess? I’ll give you a hint; the first word is morning, and the second rhymes with hood.”
I blushed, feeling stupid. “Oh…Well, you can use my bathroom, and you can stash your bag in there, so it’s not in the way.”



Overall, book one in Tristan and Danika's story is filled with fuck me moments and lust that make it explosive start to this new overpowering and steamy series.





0 komentarze:

Post a Comment