Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: The Thief Redeemer by Leigh Clary Abdou



About The Book:

 

18346552Title: The Thief Redeemer
Author: Leigh Clary Abdou
Release Date: September

Brandon Wilson is trouble.

As leader of the largest car theft ring in Atlanta, GA, life is coming at him faster than he can handle. While the criminal world views him at the top of his game, the truth is, he’s breaking apart, piece by piece. He’s not sure how much more he can take before he completely shatters.

He’s able to manage this facade until he meets Claire Peters. As a part of a kidnapping scheme gone bad, she’s literally delivered right to his warehouse door. As his love for her grows, Brandon finds himself caught in an impossible dilemma. With his lifestyle, he knows he can’t keep Claire, and yet, he can’t risk letting her go, either. His men think he should make her disappear forever, but she’s his angel who still believes in second chances.

Can someone be so lost they’re beyond saving? And if salvation is possible, how does Claire show him the way?

Can a thief be redeemed?

My Thoughts: 


Brandon Wilson is trouble


Brandon Wilson is a leader of the biggest car theft in Atlanta. At only 28 he’s the criminal, everyone fears of. Ruthless, dangerous and fierce, he’s the man that won’t be giving second chances. If you give him even slight sign of being disloyal, you’ll be dead quickier than you’ll be able to say ‘I’m sorry’.



When really sneaky lawyer and police detective finally has something on him, Brandon decides to give both of the other thing to worry about. Like kidnapped daugthers. How bad he didn’t expect that Birch’s daugther is the woman he has hots for.
Claire is sweet and innocent. She’s never done anything bad in her life. And she would laugh if someone told her she would be kidnapped by the sexiest crimanl in the world, who isn’t as bad as she thought.

Fantastic premise caught my eye instantly. I thought it would be phenomenal, refreshing read, that will leave me panting, breathless for more. What I did get is a complicated story that didn’t exactly feel well with me. Lots of times, I caught myslef at not believing in what was happening, because situations were very unrealistic, and lacked in depth or emotions department.

Everything felt rushed, which made it hard for me to connect with characters and the fact that I couldn’t understand instant ‘connection’ Brandon felt toward Claire, really blew it for me. Add to this the complete lack of sexy times, and I really mean complete, because not counting one scene between Brandon and some slut, Claire and he didn’t share anything sensual. In my opinion, the all relationship between them is forced and totally without chemistry.

Brandon is a tough cookie. He’s supposed to be ‘big, bad wolf’, but unfortunately, he’s only acting this way. I couldn’t connect with him. While reading The Thief Redeemed I had this nagging feeling that author couldn’t really decide, if she wanted to make Brandon good guy with golden heart, or ruthless criminal. I suppose, this book could be lot of darker and grittier if Brandon was more dominant and forceful, which would make it more realistic and enjoyable.



Claire was plain Jane for me. I don’t understand how Brandon could instantly fell in love with her. It wasn’t even lust that caused this, cause there was zero in steam level. For a man whore, Brandon is confessed to be, he didn’t act this way at all.

Overall, a reader who loves sexy times and dark reads will be disappointed. A person who wants to read something other than usual will be enjoying it. I wished I could connect more to the story, but for some reason I just couldn’t do so. Maybe my false expectations made it appear so.

Rating: 2.5 stars.

 

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment