Friday, July 24, 2015

A Quickie with SHBB: Pamela Sparkman




We've wrangled some time with our favourite authors and put some questions we've often wondered to them. We've decided  to call it:

 


We're excited to be cozying up with: Pamela Sparkman


I grew up in Alabama and have always been an avid reader. I had a stack of those Little Golden Books and I can remember reading Three Little Kittens over and over and over again. It was my favorite.

Fast forward and the older I got the more in love with books I became. So, I'm admitting that I am a huge nerd. The only reading I don't like are those math word problems. And I'm okay with that because no one has ever asked me in real life... "If I give you two bananas and take away six apples, how long will it take the southbound train to collide with the northbound train if Johnny left his house at midnight?" It just doesn't happen.

So, yeah, books are my thing.

Oh and music. All kinds. Love.It.




PS: First, what an honor to be included.  Thank you so much!!


The best part about being an author is when readers tell me that something I wrote touched them, and they go into detail and tell me what it was and why it affected them.  The idea that something I wrote could have an impact on someone else…someone I’ve never met…well, there are no words to describe how that feels.  Amazing is all I can say.  That really makes all the sleepless nights and countless hours it takes to write a book worth it.  I wouldn’t trade that for anything. 


PS: The best advice I’ve been given would probably be to just…write.  Whether you feel like it or not…even when the words stumble out of your head like drunken sailors…write them anyway. When you’re sad, glad, mad…write.  And keep writing.  The only way you’re story gets told is by writing it. So…I write.


PS: This one is bit harder because I can’t really think of anything “bad” off the top of my head.  Maybe someone told me something so bad I tossed it out like a bad sandwhich and that’s why I can’t recall anything.  I mean, I’m sure I’ve been given bad advice, we all have.  I just can’t put my finger on anything right now.



PS: Okay, which one of my characters got you to ask me that?  Was it Joe Carlisle?  It sounds like something he would do.  *Gives Joe a stern look* *Joe looks down, puts his hands in his pockets, and then looks up at me and …grins.*


Ugh!!  

Okay, in all honesty, I really don’t know.  I love all my characters.  I’m not just saying that.  I love them all.  Cooper is exceptionally sweet and well grounded.  Joe is crazy in a good way and appreciates life…all the little things that we often ignore.  He’s just a good soul.  And Hayden is loyal to the bone and loves hard! I can’t choose.



PS: Okay…solely in a fictional world..lol…Archer from Archer’s Voice.  I love that guy!!


PS: Hearts of Fire by LH Cosway.




PS: So far, nothing crazy has been asked.  But the year is still young.  

 photo 28ACDECD-FC71-48EE-9F14-50EFC3C372CC_zpsraasuqft.gif



Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions we hope you had as much fun as we did. One final one for the road: 


PS: “Skin Deep” It’s Hayden and Beth’s story (supporting characters from the first two books: Stolen Breaths and Shattered).  The subject matter within this book has been more challenging to write because my books deal with real life issues.  A lot of research has been done because it’s important to get the story right.


Thank you again for reaching out to me.  This has been a lot of fun.  I’ve enjoyed it.

SKIN DEEP IS LIVE!!


Purchase Links

Amazon US | Amazon UK | B&N | KOBO | iTunes

                                                      



She hates me.

I’m in love with her.

Her life is a masquerade.

Mine is cloaked in secrets.

She thinks I can’t see her.

But she’s the only thing I can see.

She thinks we have nothing in common.

We have everything in common. 

And I’m done being patient.

I'm determined.

She's stubborn.

You think you know us.

You don't.


The things you know about us are only Skin Deep.

Purchase Links

Amazon US | Amazon UK | B&N | KOBO | iTunes


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook





0 komentarze:

Post a Comment