Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review: White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L Armentrout


17455585


Title: White Hot Kiss
Series: Dark Elements #1
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Release Date: February 24, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes


One kiss could be the last.
Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she’s anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses.
Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe—Layla tries to fit in, but that means hiding her own dark side from those she loves the most. Especially Zayne, the swoon-worthy, incredibly gorgeous and completely off-limits Warden she’s crushed on since forever.
Then she meets Roth—a tattooed, sinfully hot demon who claims to know all her secrets. Layla knows she should stay away, but she’s not sure she wants to—especially when that whole no-kissing thing isn’t an issue, considering Roth has no soul.
But when Layla discovers she’s the reason for the violent demon uprising, trusting Roth could not only ruin her chances with Zayne…it could brand her a traitor to her family. Worse yet, it could become a one-way ticket to the end of the world.


White Hot Kiss is another YA paranormal romance by Jennifer L Armentrout and as every previous book by this author, this novel doesn’t let go even for a single minute. It’s one of those keeping you on the edge till the last page stories that will make you laugh, feel sad and angry as well as introduce you to amazing set of surprises, unexpected twists and turns and yes it does have a pretty perfect boy… or even two boys to swoon over.


Layla is half demon and half Warden a creature similar to gargoyle. From the time she was seven she was raised by Wardens that for most part hate her and her demon’s side. Why? Because demons are their natural enemies. The only Warden who cares about her is Zayne, Layla’s secret crush.

What’s more Layla is dangerous; she craves human and wardens’ souls. One kiss or being close enough to kiss and she won’t be able to stop herself from sucking of someone’s soul.

When she reaches seventeen years old something weird start to happen to her. The demons are after her and there is mysterious Upper Level Demon that just saved her life and goes to her school…


It was definitely not what I expected or hoped for. Armentrout went into completely different direction which was as much surprising as exciting. I can’t say I was bored or didn’t like how easily yet thrilling the story seemed to flow. Even when I thought things started to calm down I was quickly thrown into another bumpy ride.

The characters as always were witty, funny and adorable. I loved all of them. Layla was strong and feisty but in completely different way than Alex from Covenant Series of Kathy from Lux Series. She was less impulsive or reckless, yet still she was kickass heroine with impressive backbone and pure heart.


Roth stared at me, looking sort of stunned. “I didn’t know you had it in you.”
“What?”
He tapped the tip of my nose. “You’re feisty underneath all that fluff.”
“I’m not sure if I should be offended or not,”



The way she was treated by Wardens and humans made me feel bad for her. She was very lonely and unwanted. The only person that seemed to like and care for her was Zayne. After she met Roth things seemed to pick up for her and I was so glad she finally could be truly herself.


I was a afraid of how the love triangle will look here – usually I hate them and reading about them makes me nauseous. Here, I didn’t mind it much. In my eyes, Layla already made her choice and I hope it’ll stay the same.

Zayne was a good friend. Loyal, sweet and caring. I liked him, but he was not the one that made me all hot and bothered.



It was the sexy demon called Roth that made me go all gaga. He was a little bit cocky, arrogant and bad in the best possible way. His comments made me laugh or smile. He was just perfect! *sigh*


“See, I was raised in Hell. You could say I’m socially awkward.”


Overall, it’s very good young adult book. Sexy in JLA’s way, funny, exciting and action packed!
Why not five then? I just craved a little bit more romance than there was, I hope the next books will deliver it!


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment