Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins


16007855



Title: Sweet Reckoning
Series: Sweet Trilogy #3
Author: Wendy Higgins
Release Date: April 29th, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.



Wendy Higgins completely astounded me. In this incredible end of Sweet Trilogy she’s used every trick I could only imagine to make it perfect. From the first chapter that slowly drew me into the world of angels and demons, I had fallen in love with earlier, to the fascinating, heartbreaking romance and strong friendships, Sweet Reckoning was the bomb!


Kai and Anna, both matured and changed for the better. It was amazing to see them grow up so much. My heart broke repeatedly for Kaiden who’s suffered through all of the three books.

This time though, he was not only demonically sexy but angelically good and strong person as well. That made me love him even more. The romance was that good that I can’t remember how many times I swooned during reading Sweet Reckoning.

I don’t want to spoil you anything, so I won’t be giving away much about the plot is. The best is to read it without any additional knowledge – the only thing you should know is that the whole book is very intense and unpredictable. I enjoyed every second of it, and I am proud to write that the whole series was brilliant and that I am very sad to see it has ended.



Overall, this was a stellar conclusion to the series that captivated me few years ago. From the start to finish, Anna and Kai's story didn't let go even for a single second. This is one of those books that every paranormal YA junkie should read.



It’s action packed, full of good and bad and so sexy at times without being explicit novel ,that literally had the strength to swept me of my feet. Sweet Reckoning is exactly what every hopeless romantic needs and I can recommend it to all of you, knowing you will end up loving this story and characters just as much as me.


*ARC provided by publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for honest review*


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest







0 komentarze:

Post a Comment