Monday, March 24, 2014

Review: Four Years Later by Monica Murphy


17978533


Title: Four Years Later
Series: Drew and Fable #4
Author: Monica Murphy
Release Date: March, 2014
Rating: 3 stars
Cliffhanger:. No



I've been looking forward to reading the last part of Drew and Fable’s story. After finishing, I found it good but not very original college romance. I liked it, but didn’t love it as much as previous books in this series, which really disappointed me. I counted on something more. I wanted the same fireworks that seemed to shoot out of Drew and Fable’s story. Sadly, I didn’t get them. I can’t write here that I didn’t feel connected to the characters or that the tale of Owen and Chelsea’s relationship was bad or boring. Although, the plot was very simple and went down the predictable route, I still found it enjoyable. It just didn’t wow me.


Four Years Later is about Fable’s little brother who had grown up and started collage. He has a hard time adjusting in the world where love and perfection (Fable and Drew) mix with despair and destruction (his mother). In the middle of it all Owen has some serious problems with school and with weed. He’s constantly getting high or wasted.

Then there is Chelsea. She’s sweet, shy, innocent and is his tutor. She’s nothing like the girls Owen usually goes for. But to him there is something incredibly tempting in her pure beauty.


Mostly, it was the predictability factor that killed the whole story for me. I honestly can say that I knew how things will progress almost from the first few pages and it didn’t change. The same old story with the usual new adult pattern and… nothing more. Yes, it still was written in perfect Monica Murphy’s way, yes it was sweet, cute and heartwarming romance, but it didn’t meet my expectations.


On the other hand, I found Four Years Later a nice, pleasant read and while being stuck in the middle of high pile of more emotional novels it made a fine change; I appreciated the humor, beautiful storytelling, how the characters seemed to mature on the pages of the book, and the charm the book was full of.

Overall, not the best nor the worst end of series I was very fond of. It was sensual, interesting and very sweet.


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest




View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment