Thursday, September 11, 2014

Christie's review: Ignited by J. Kenner

18760674




Title:Ignited
Series: Most Wanted #3
Author: J. Kenner
Release Date: September 9, 2014
Rating:4 stars
Cliffhanger: No

He promised to take me as far as I could go—and I wanted to go to the edge.

My whole life has been a cover, a con, a lie. I was born into the grift, raised on the thrill of playing someone I’m not. As a rule, I never let anyone get too close—until Cole August makes it impossible for me to stay away.

Cole is tough, sexy, and intensely loyal, yet his secrets are dark and his scars run deep. Not many women can handle his past, or the truth behind his fierce demands. But something about him beckons me—and our desire is a game I must play.

I know he’s dangerous, that even his touch is trouble, but what is passion without a little risk?






In this final installment of the Most Wanted erotica series, J. Kenner brings you Cole and Katrina's story. This series centers around three friends and business partners who are no strangers to the kinkier side of things in the bedroom.

They're all tortured in their own ways, but Cole is probably fighting the most demons of the bunch. He also has quite the air of mystery about him. He's so self-contained, never giving anything away. Maybe that led to Kat's growing obsession from afar over him.



For years she's watched him, lusted after him, and never allowed herself the freedom to explore the possibility of one day trying to get closer to him. She's led her whole life one fabricated con after another. The lifestyle her father lives in, and one he passed on to her. She's always lived on the edge of society unless she was working a target. But now-she's ready to move past her life in the grift and experience the world honestly and freely.

I was tired of feeling uprooted. I wanted to settle. I wanted more.

And along with settling down and buying a home she's come to the conclusion that just maybe, she could go after the one thing she always wanted. The one thing she's been unable to stop thinking about and craving.

Cole.

Have you ever wanted something that you knew was not smart, but despite all rational reasons why you should run, you're only drawn in closer?



She was ready to take a walk on the dark side, and who better to bring her there than dark and brooding Cole? She had a battle on her hands-he didn't want to step over the friendship line because of his fear that he would lose control with her and unintentionally hurt her. Because of his difficult past, he struggles with accepting his own sexuality and someone who's only ever done "vanilla" could never understand or accept his needs. Could they?



She insists that she can handle anything he desires. She's not a delicate innocent as he sees her. She's strong and being awakened to a whole new world that fulfills her just as much as it does him. Once they move past his fear, he grows possessive, protective, and a little more crazy for her by the minute. Though he was dominant with her, he could be very tender with her as well, especially when they grew more comfortable in their fit sexually.

"You've filled my days and occupied my nights. I know you, Katrina Laron, and you're more innocent than you think. I've claimed you, baby, and that makes you mine."

When her dad comes to town, he brings trouble with him. And for the first time, she has to learn to put total trust in someone-in and out of the bedroom. I loved how Cole immediately took charge of the situation and protected her and her father with any means required. He proved his devotion to her completely.

"I'll be whatever I have to be to keep you safe." I could feel the intensity rising in him. A primal, earthy quality, as if he was gearing up for a fight.
"I promise you. I can do what's necessary with no problem whatsoever."


Overall, this book was a really decent read. The steam was erotic and hot as hell, but the story itself was well developed with several factors that kept my interest in the well being of the characters. I didn't always agree with their reactions in certain cases-for example, her blind faith in the fact that she could handle his kink was a little crazy to me. She had never tried any of it out, yet she was determined to convince him she was able to handle anything. I was doubtful at first, but after their pasts were explained, they seemed as if they really were the perfect set.



J Kenner knows how to write erotica. I've been a fan since the Stark series and she didn't disappoint in bringing the heat once again.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest



View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment