Monday, December 22, 2014

Christie's review: He Saved Me (He Found Me #2) by Whitney Barbetti

22350068




Title:He Saved Me
Series: He Found Me #2
Author: Whitney Barbetti
Release Date: December 18, 2014
Rating:3.5-4 stars
Cliffhanger: no

Julian I’ve come to understand that I’ll always find her. She’s my north star, my sense of direction. In her, I’ve found my home. She tells me I saved her. But the truth is, she saved me. But nothing good can ever last. Andra’s keeping secrets. She’s holding something back. I’m trying, desperately, to anchor her. To let me in, to let me help. But will all my efforts end up with a ghost of a girl I love? Andra I'm used to disappearing. Vanishing into thin air, without a trace of who I've been or where I've gone. But it’s so much harder to do with a broken heart and no hope for a happy ending. Sometimes the only people who can put all the pieces of us back together are the ones we least expect to. That's what Julian did for me. Julian found me. But now, all Six wants is to keep me locked up, away from the world, away from the Monster. I can't live like that. It's not living at all. Because I still have unfinished business. And I'm going to make sure the Monster gets what’s coming to him.






He Found Me was one of my favorite New Adult reads this year and it ended in a cliffhanger (thought it was very manageable). So of course, I was eagerly on board to read the conclusion to the He Found Me series. I've read several of Whitney Barbetti's books now and I can honestly say that I have a great connection with her writing. With some authors you can slip into their books and get attached to their characters without any effort and for me, she is one of those. I was so happy to read the conclusion to Andra and Julian's journey. They struggle through secrets, danger, separation, and trust. Andra's was dealt a horrible blow with the death of her mother and the following abuse from her stepfather and it takes Julian's unswerving support to bring her out of the darkness.

In this book, their relationship is tested when once and for all. Andra must decide to stop running and face her past.



When Julian tracks Andra down with Mira, their reunion was bittersweet. Andra is worried about putting Julian at risk as well as putting her heart at risk.

He was here, with me. I hadn't had a moment to myself since he'd arrived and while happiness soared within me, fear did too. Fear for Julian. Fear for this depth of feeling.

Julian and Andra did get to fit in a little sexy time together, but with Six and Mira underfoot, it wasn't much. I loved seeing them reconnect though, they had that same chemistry that I loved in the previous book. It went deeper than just an erotic, emotionless, coming together. They have a depth of feeling between them that makes every scene between them more meaningful and sweet. And Whitney always does a great job expressing and conveying that and making me feel it.



So for me, this book pretty much confirmed all the feelings I had for these characters. Julian was as sweet and sexy as ever, Andra was a survivor and while she acted foolish in doing what she did with no one's knowledge, I couldn't help but admire her courage. Six was still his mysterious self, and Mira....well she was the most intriguing of all. Clearly, we know that she's been severely wounded, probably mentally and physically and she's become as prickly as a grizzly bear. She's unapproachable, rude, blunt, and hard. But at times you see a softness peeking out of her that her damaged side tries to cover up.



Six and Mira are getting their own book next and I am so excited to peek inside these two character's heads. Mira is one of those characters you have a love-hate relationship with. But the way she and Six have this unspoken bond and connection that's lasted over 10 years shows how vulnerable she is to this one man and I can't wait to see where they started, but most especially where they're headed.

Whitney not only wrapped up some questions left unanswered from the previous book, but she gave us a couple of twists and some added suspense to round out the story. My only reasoning for not rating higher was the fact that this one was shorter and while I did enjoy it, I did guess what the twist was early on and it didn't leave me thrown off balance or shocked. For anyone who read book one and is also planning on reading Six Feet Under, this is a must read. You get a lot of information and get set up for the upcoming book. And if you've read Ten Below Zero, if you pay attention closely, the characters are indirectly mentioned here-so keep your eyes peeled. This was a great conclusion and I'm looking forward to getting to know Six and Mira in more detail.



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest



View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment