Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Patrycja's Review: Winter by Frankie Rose

24426351




Title: Winter
Series: Four Seasons #1
Author: Frankie Rose aka Callie Hart
Release Date: January, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes (a big one, but readinf it is so worth the pain!!)




This review has been rewritten and reposted from my earlier review of not edited/polished version of Winter.


A girl with a dark history…



Avery Bresllin took a leap of faith when she changed her name. As Avery Patterson, she is no longer the daughter of a serial killer. No longer the girl who was bullied and abused through high school. A fresh name and a fresh start at Columbia University means Avery can leave all that behind. There’s only one thing marring her dream of a clean slate….



A boy with a past of his own…



Luke Reid has a lot going for him: sex appeal, badass tattoos and insane musical talent. Despite his guitar skills, his calling in life has always been to serve and protect. A NYPD cop by day, singer in rock band D.M.F by night, from the outside Luke seems like he’s got it made. But falling for a girl whose father was accused of deeply sinister acts—a man whom Luke shared a devastating history with, himself—only serves to complicated things.



Pieces of a puzzle…. Four symbols, four methods of destruction. A trade. Borrowed wings. Dark secrets that threaten to destroy.










What a stellar, wonderful, amazing, fabulous, suspenseful, addicting read!



Winter is one of those books that I wouldn’t have picked up if not a complete accident and I would have missed out on something perfect. This was the best surprise I could’ve ever had and I’m currently on cloud nine, high as a kite, drifting away with those warm, fluffy, fuzzy emotions and fluttering heart. I’m so damn proud of myself for picking Winter up!



My bookworm’s instinct still works well and here I was doubting myself after a few complete disasters that I’m in never ending book funk. Guess what? Winter totally erased my stupid fears and filled me with hope. There are still great books in New Adult genre only waiting to be explored by me! Yay!




Winter is a story about Iris a college freshman who finally left her small home town where she was hated and bullied after her father killed three man and committed a suicide.



For four years of high school Iris was repeatedly humiliated and shamed. As a black sheep in town, she lived with her uncle and tried to survive. Going to college in New York City and changing her name to Avery should help her forget about past. Avery didn’t count on seeing Luke, though.



Luke is four years older than Avery. When he finished high school and started working as a police officer in his and Avery’s hometown, Luke was the one to find bodies of Avery dad’s victims.




Luke and Avery share some painful memories. So when she saw him in his sexy uniform on NYC’s street some wounds were once again opened.



Did I mention Luke plays in a band too? How fucking sexy is a rock star cop?




I freaking loved this book. Every chapter and every page was wonderful mix of everything I adore in New Adult. Winter was perfect blend of romance with suspense; pain with steam, love with heartbreak and oh god I was awed. I was amazed. I was mesmerized by this story and there is only one thing that could make me stop yelling and trashing with need for more – ANOTHER BOOK IN THIS SERIES RIGHT NOW! GIVE IT TO ME, PLEASE!



I won’t be able to wait long for Luke and Avery’s story to continue. I just won’t. It ended right when I needed more and when it made me feel completely addicted to the story. I just need more. The cliffhanger is a killer. That’s for sure, but I can’t say I regret reading Winter now. I will have to reread it one thousands time, though.




Thank you, Frankie Rose for making me feel so much. For opening my eyes to see how special and wonderful of an author you are. You bewitched me. Mesmerized me. Made me fall in love with you. I think I’m deserving Fan Number One T-shirt, because I’m fangirling right now. You totally did create my favorite book boyfriend.



Luke was fantastic. So cute, sexy and loveable. I had a few strong urges to lick my ereader while thinking about him. He was that lickable (fuckable too.)! I have never read about hero that much in love with his other half. It was inspiring, moving and arousing. The idea about making him a rockstar cop? So freaking hot!




Avery was wonderful character too. I quickly related with her and I was with her every step of her way. She was nothing like some other whining, idiotic new adult heroines.



Overall… wait! Why the heck are you still reading my review? You should be grabbing your copy right now! Not reading my rant. There is awesome book and sexy rockstar cop to be loved :)



I NEED MORE NOW!!



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON: 

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment