Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: Finding My Forever by Heidi McLaughlin



18808403



Title: Finding my Forever
Series: The Beaumont #3
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Release Date: 30th December, 2013
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No




Everywhere I look, my friends are settling down - marriage, children, white picket fences; but not me. Marriage isn't in the cards for me. I’m a ladies man.

A rock star.

I was born and raised in the industry.

I love everything about my life, especially the attention from the women that my status brings me.
Women find me. I don’t chase. I know what they want and they know I’ll deliver.

But after one look, one touch, one night...
Now I’m the one doing the chasing.

I need to find a way to show her that I’m serious, that I can change.
I need to find a way to show her that I can love her fully, and only her.
I need to find a way to show her that she’s my forever.





I love reading Heidi McLaughlin’s romances, because she is a master in creating friendships. She easily builds stellar world filled with realistic, funny and incredibly amazing people. It’s hard not to love them very much. This time, like previously I was hooked instantly. My deep love for band members, the women and children was still present and I was relieved to find out that my book boyfriends, Liam and Harrison got their happily ever afters and nothing changed for them.




After learning theirs stories, in the third book of The Beaumont series Jimmy ‘JD’ Davis, the biggest womanizer of 4224 West has a chance of telling us his deepest secrets. It was nice to see him in different light and knew what was hidden in his heart. I would be lying if I didn’t say that Jimmy was very sexy, because he did make me extremely hot and bothered.

The only thing that didn’t really work nicely with his personality was giving him the bad boy title, when he wasn’t really one. He was just like other guys from the band – nice, sweet and very loveable, so despite being lady-killer, Jimmy didn’t have an ounce of bad boy attitude. He definitely was relationship kind of guy, he was just too much hurt to realize it, but when Jenna caught his eye, she also found a way inside his heart.




I enjoyed reading his and Jenna’s story. It was very well thought, intriguing, sweet and everything I liked. It was not the best part of the series, though. As much as pleasurable it was, I’m still more swooning over Harrison and Liam. Don’t get me wrong, Jimmy was yummy – sweet rocker with broken heart, whom I totally dug, yet other boys were ‘it’ for me.


 


Jimmy and Jenna were a good match. At the beginning I didn’t get why things progressed between them so quickly, but afterwards, I adored them together and every moment they shared was almost perfect.

The few clichés that were thrown into the plot were still sweet, so I didn’t mind them much.

Overall, Finding My Forever is another hit of McLaughlin. Fans of the series will be swooning, melting and immensely enjoying reading third installment of Beaumont.





View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment