Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Three Broken Promises by Monica Murphy

17969384



Title: Three Broken Promises
Series: Drew & Fable #3
Author: Monica Murphy
Release Date: December 31st, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No




Breakout New Adult sensation Monica Murphy returns with a hot new contemporary romance—a heartfelt story of second chances, forgiveness, and redemption.

Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life.

I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me.




I really enjoyed previous Monica Murphy’s books, but Three Broken Promises is absolutely, out of this world perfect romantic story that swept me off my feet. Once again, I fell in love with Murphy’s easy style of writing, great sense of humor and ideal characters. I really had a blast while reading this strong, unique and interesting novel.

img

Jen and Colin fight with extreme attraction and strong feelings that pull them together. No matter how hard they struggle to stay away from each other, there is nothing in this world that could part them. Both are consumend with horrible past and guilt, that slowly eats them alive, and that’s way they try to stay in friend-zone, but how long can they say to their heart no?

I could not get enough of this heartbreaking story. I felt glued to the pages and there wasn’t a single thing that could make me stop reading. The immense guilt that bled through the pages, made my heart ache and I really hurt along with Jen and Colin. I wanted for them to find peace and redemption and finally let go of the past.

img

Murphy perfectly captured their tortured souls and showed me how much they fought against their feelings. I could feel every single emotion that wandered through Colin and Jen’s heart as well as see how hard for them it was to make a confession.

There were scenes that woke up hundreds of butterflies in my tummy, made me weak in knees and left me completely, utterly breathless. I swooned, I laughed, I cried, I hurt got a ride on amazing roller coaster. There was also incredibly erotic part of Three Broken Promises, that really showed how perfectly Murphy can write a steamy, sensual scene.

img

Overall, Monica Murphy created another novel that fans of Drew and Fable series will immensely enjoy. Colin and Jen were great characters, their story was interesting and well thought and the pacing was fantastic.

I fell in love with Three Broken Promises and I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series, “Four Years Later.” I really hope Owen’s book will as good and well created as Murphy’s previous novel.


* ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review *






View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment