Monday, January 6, 2014

Review: Brutally Beautiful by Christine Zolendz


20271650


Title: Brutally Beautiful
Series: Brutally Beautiful #1
Author: Christine Zolendz
Release Date: 5th January, 2014
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No/Yes/Hard to say

.
 
 A deadly game of hide and seek.

With blood still on her hands, Samantha Matthews is on the run, running from dark secrets and a man she prays to God will never find her. Running and hiding, just to stay alive. She had no choice but to run, to leave, to hide and forget about her life before. When Samantha believes she's gained enough distance from her past and her demons, she stops running, hoping to find her future in the heavily wooded area of the Adirondack Mountains, a place she never expected to encounter a man with secrets as dark and as sordid as hers.

Kade Grayson is hiding, not from the demons after him, but from himself and from the entire outside world, wishing every day he could have just died. Arrogant and domineering, he’s tormented and terrorized by his past, seeing nothing good for his future. With the ghosts of his past still haunting him, he has exiled himself to a life of solitude, only living for his words and through his stories.

Until her.

An undeniable attraction, turns into hate and then ultimately obsession, an obsession that grows into a powerful story of love and redemption.

Will the bond they have begun to build between them grow stronger than the tragedies that have scarred both of their lives? Or will they allow their demons to consume them?



Once again, I was captivated by exceptional storytelling of Zolendz. Only she could came up with a story so bloody and dark and still make it heartbreakingly beautiful. I admire her for that. As much as I loved her previous series, Brutally Beautiful has one advantage more… it’s more mature.

My mind is still in the story with Sam (Lainey) and Kade. I’m reliving every moment with a big smile on my face, I am still swooning and melting.

Brutally Beautiful is exceptional and I will have it close to my heart for a very long time. It’s one of those stories that are unforgettable.


The story starts off with a bang. In thrilling way, Zolendz introduce us to main character Samantha. She and her friend are on the run. Both are horribly beaten and are running away from New York and something that happened there. They stop in a strip bar and don’t leave. Both of them get a job as waitress and start a new life.

2 months of blissful time in the middle of nowhere ends when Kade Grayson steps in the bar. He’s a brother of Dylan, strip club owner. Kade is not normal, though. Horrible past twisted him and inside his head his the beast an reincarnation of the devil himself. He’s a horror novelist. A recluse. He’s damaged. Broken. Twisted. He's the biggest asshole on the whole planet.




"Words had always come easily to me. Violence and hate were in my veins. I was rage personified, and horror and malice were my only friends. We had lived together peacefully since I came to terms with being me."


And he kind of can’t stop thinking about Lainey.




"No matter how badly it was going to hurt, I didn't want to be anywhere but with Lainey. Let her crush me. Let her destroy me. There wasn't much good left of me, but I wanted her to take every last bit."



What can I say? Christine Zolendz took me on amazingly agonizing journey. Journey filled with hope, small light in the darkness and brutally beautiful love that blossoms there. I was amazed. Dazed. Thrilled. I was left completely breathless. I loved almost every sentence. This book was like no other I have ever read. So complex and unique it took my breath away!

I loved everything. And I really mean it. Not only the plot was fast paced, refreshing and mesmerizing. Zolendz characters were complex, beautiful and well thought. Every aspect of their personalities was realistic. And Kade… This man was so sexy that I still tremble when I think of him.

Together Sam and Kade were amazing. I ached for them. I cried with them. I wanted to pray for the bad to go away and leave them alone. I never felt so related to the couple I've read about. They made it so easy to love them and hurt for them. My skin is still buzzing with this feelings.



Overall, Brutally Beautiful was funny, sexy, heartbreaking and stunning story. I enjoyed it immensely and I can’t wait for more. My only issue was the rushed ending, that didn’t exactly satisfy me, but I know next part of the series will make it perfect.








View all my reviews

1 komentarze: