Saturday, January 4, 2014

Review: Raw by Belle Aurora



18468559



Title: Raw
Series: Standalone
Author: Belle Aurora
Release Date: January 3rd, 2014
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No


 
 
***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true.

The world makes way for those who know where they are going.

That’s me.

I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him.

I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel.

It’s unconventional.

But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.

So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life.



Sweet, heartwarming and hilarious Belle Aurora is officially gone and I’m not sure if I mourned her for a single second. As much as I adored her previous novels, this time she not only astounded me but also showed me how talented she truly is. In Raw she not only challenged herself, completely changing her usual style of writing from easygoing, snarky prose to something fifty shades of darker, she also challenged her readers, and I’m glad I took this test! Belle Aurora didn’t have a single struggle with writing in entirely different genre. My respect for her only grew.

Raw was gritty read. Fabulously wild story that took me on the verge of sanity and made me step out of my comfort zone more than once.


I was overwhelmed. Stunned. Dazed. Dared. I felt unimaginable pain, fear, shock and discomfort. I was thrown on wild, rough, never ending, the most fucked up ride of my life. Ride that made me forget about everything only to make me feel. Feel so many deliciously dark and forbidden emotions, emotions that were bleeding from Belle Aurora’s novel. And I loved every minute of it.

“You’re nobody ‘til somebody loves you.”

This story follows Alexa. She’s sweet, good person. She’s happy. She has loveable friends, great work and nice apartment. She also has a stalker.


Twitch is a guy that picture would pop up if you google ‘bad boy’ ‘antihero’ ‘villain’ or ‘stay away from’. He’s damaged. He’s broken. He’s certainly not a good human being. Yet Lexi is drawn to him and quickly finds herself falling for a man that doesn’t deserve her.


“Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero.” He pauses a moment, then adds, “The world needs villains too.”



I am pleased, that I finally found a book with a man that is not only so called bad boy wannabe. He is bad and period. No questions asked.

This is a great addition to the story, because it makes it realistic. Belle Aurora made a great job in creating characters. Their entirely opposite personalities were well thought and brilliant!

Raw is not a fluffy love story. Raw is not your usual romance. Raw isn’t a novel you can easily label or name. There isn’t a single page that doesn’t dare readers and make them think.

In single, yet so meaningful plot, Aurora catches the truth of life and she doesn’t need a ‘knight in shining armor’ hero to picture true love.


While being sexy, controversial and so, so hot, Raw was everything I could ask for. I am immensely glad I picked it up and opened myslef for this wonderful erotic experience.


“Monsters don't always lurk in the shadows. Sometimes they hide in plain sight.”






View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment