Sunday, July 21, 2013

Review: Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1) by Lisa Reene Jones






Title: Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1)
Author: Lisa Reene Jones
Release Date: 22nd July
Rating: 5 stars


Description:

nfinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghost’s of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?



Review:

*** ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley. ***



"Fear and a secret are two different things"

Escaping Reality is amazing and mind-blowing surprise that kept me up all night! I’m really excited to tell that I had spectacular opportunity to read stunning beginning of a series that totally captivated me. Everything in this book is new, refreshing and capturing. I’m addicted to Amy Bensen and her secret and I’m starting to count days for sequel. The blurb make Escaping Reality sounds intriguing but the truth is this novel is not intriguing, it’s mesmerizing and just… beautiful. I’m wowed!

Amy Bensen’s life is a lie. Everything she’s doing is just a way to survive. She hides from the past that hunts her and makes her flee to another city, leaving a pieces of normality she started to collect in New York after her first escape. But the danger is still present and will not let her forget. So when she gets another letter from her handler, that says she has to change her name and leave NYC behind, she crumbles again. After few minutes of panic she’s again right on track. With only one luggage in hand and plane ticket to Denver, Amy escapes.

Amy is not naïve character, she’s strong, smart and gorgeous, which made me like her even more. After everything she went through she still has a power to take care of herself and just live. It was nice to see her fighting for survive.

Thanks to weird twist of fate, Amy’s in first class airplane with alluring, demanding and sexy as hell billionaire architect Liam Stone.

"He is money, power, and sex, and while I cannot make out the color of his eyes, I don't need to. All that matters is that he is one hundred percent focused on me, and me on him."

I know lot of people will say that rich alpha male is a trend that starts to be a little bit boring, but in this case, Lisa Renee Jones created character that while still being in the same category as wealthy dominant male we know from Fifty Shades, This Man or Cross is refreshing and not so over the edge, which is really nice. I instantly adored Liam and his flirty attitude as well as fragrance of pure male that is around him. Another plus is the fact that relationship between Amy and Liam is not focused on sex, because it’s not erotica novel. Yes, there is hot sex involved, but it’s not overwhelming, it’s only addition that makes Escaping Reality pleasurable read.

I loved every word that Liam has said. His words were brilliantly smart and clever, comforting and sexy as hell! Almost every quote I loved is from his mouth!

“ His finger slides under my chin, tilts it up, forcing my eyes back to his. “Don’t hide what you feel. See, baby, that’s the thing about fucking properly, it’s raw and honest. There’s no time limit, or embarrassment, or nerves, which should exist. It’s just us fucking. Us feeling. Us being us together. We leave everything else at the door.” He smiles a sexy, easy smile and his hands slide up my back, his forehead resting against mine.”





“Maybe that’s the appeal for both of us. We are different, dark and light. Right and wrong. Now don’t move or I’ll show you just how not an angel I am”



“Sharks only have the power you give them, baby. Own them. Don't ever let them own you. And they'll have to fight me to get to you anyway."




Visit my blog
 

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment