Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: Him by Carey Heywood





Title: Him
Author: Carey Heywood
Release Date: 2nd July
Rating: 3 stars

Summary:




Sarah Miller hasn’t been home in seven years. She thought she could stay away forever. If it wasn’t for her big brother's wedding, that is. Part of her even feels silly for staying away this long. It's not like anyone even knew what happened. Well, except for him.

That guy. The one she compared all others to. The one who set the bar so high no other guy after him could even compete. The one who made her feel like anything was possible. The one she thought she would never be good enough for. The one she spent the last seven years trying to forget.
All she needs to do is make it through the next week without running into him.



Review:

BEFORE READING

For those who still don’t know, it was released earlier! I just got my copy. It sounds faaaaantastic, don’t ya think?
It’ll be my first book by Carey Heywood so I’m a little nervous, because I really want to love it, so crossing my fingers.
Just look at this cover! The only men that are equally sexy to tattooed ones are these in suit ;) Smokin’!


AFTER READING:

HIM - Second Chance Romance Story means you know the drill




It’ll be short review, cause I don’t know what to write exactly. Still trying to decide if like it or like it not so much.


Him is a typical second chance romance kind of story, and the longer I’m thinking about it the more common it seems. Like the millions second chance romance stories before it’s exactly the same as everything I’ve read before in that type of romance. There wasn’t anything I can say I hated , because there are no such things. It’s like with a radio pop song, it’s not what you’d listen to normally, you definitely would not buy a CD or go to concert, but when you drive and there it is, you’d type your fingers and sing the words. You can’t say you hate it, but do you love it? No.
Anyway, Him is a metamorphic pop song, you can say it’s Gangam Style, good to dance to, everyone knows it, and it’s like hundred other songs of this type. Nothing special, but still enjoyable.

But I have to say I really swooned over Will. And he makes me give this book one more star than I'd normally give.


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment