Thursday, July 18, 2013

Review: Fear of Falling by SL Jennings





Title: Fear of Falling
Author: SL Jennings
Release Date: 18th July
Rating 5 stars

Description:

Author Disclaimer: Abuse is real- verbal, emotional, physical and sexual. It takes place all around us; it doesn’t discriminate against race or gender, wealth or poverty. It affects us all- those of us who’ve had to live through it, or watch it happen, even those of us who’ve only heard about it. We are all affected. We are all forever changed.

This is not a story for the faint of heart; this is the story of one woman’s very real struggle through a world against her, the people who hurt her, her real life demons and the people who showed her that every gray sky, no matter how dark, has a sun waiting to break through.



I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn’t bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I’ve run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn’t run anymore.

He scared the hell out of me in a way that excited every fiber of my being. It wasn’t the tattoos or the piercings. It wasn’t the warmth that seemed to radiate from his frame and blanket me whenever he was near. It was just…him. The scary beautiful man that threatened to alter 23 years of routine and rituals, and make me face my crippling fear.

My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want.

“Don’t worry,” he smiled, pulling me into the hard warmth of his chest. “I’ve got you. I’ll always catch you when you fall.”

And just like that, Blaine had staked his claim on the untouched part of me that no living soul had ever moved. He had captured every fear, every reservation, and crushed them in the palm of his inked hand.


***Inspired by true events***



Review



I got you, baby. I got you, and I’m not letting go. You’re safe. I’m never letting you go, Kami.”

Fear of Falling is enchanting, seat gripping novel that is unquestionably stunning and heart breaking. Once again I was blown away by SL Jennings and her undeniably fierce style of writing and outstanding story that is like no other I have ever read. I feel like every piece of my heart was torn from my breast and stumped on only to be sewn together afterwards. It’s like the last long gone puzzle who finds it right place.

There is nothing better in reading that being enchanted and mesmerized by a story which becomes so close to you and your heart that you feel it pulsating in your veins. Loving equally the idea, characters and writing is a miracle and the best gift reader can ever receive. I can honestly say that I was honored to read and review fabulous, spectacular novel that will captivate hearts of Goodreads users and will rock their world.

Fear of Falling is story about broken woman who’s trying to survive. Long ago she gave up on wishing and wanting normal life filled with love and happiness, now she only tries to put one foot in the front of the other and not to crumble. She’s scared of everything. For her hope is gone and love is the greatest enemy.

This. Is. Me. My situation isn’t fucked up. I’m fucked up. Completely, irrevocably, fucked up to my core”.

But what Kami doesn’t know is the fact that despite her efforts to avoid commitment love will always find her. Now fighting with her gruesome past and instant attraction to hot as fuck bartender she’s spiraling down the road she did not want to go.

Blaine Jacobs is tattooed and pierced man who attempts to get his shit together and live. But when he shares a sensual body shot with Kami he can’t stop thinking about that sexy woman who have alternated him in a strange way. Now he has a new aim – he wants to make her his.

“I never give up on things I want. This… you and me… it’s inevitable. There’s no use in fighting, Kami. It’s going to happen. And when you are madly in love with me, the only thing you’ll regert is not falling for me sooner.”



I loved how Kami and Blaine’s relationship progressed. It is raw, painful and full of distrust, but with time is slowly alternating in something beautiful but still very fragile. Sexual tension between the two of them is always present and mind blowing. I adored every steamy scene.



This novel opened up me in new ways. I enjoyed it immensely. This romance story spell bounded me like no other ever has. Fear of Falling is pure perfection which blends nicely sensual eroticism, heartbreaking love story with psychological portrait of damaged and abused young woman.

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment