Friday, April 24, 2015

A Quickie with SHBB: Lex Martin


We've wrangled some time with our favourite authors and put some questions we've often wondered to them. We've decided  to call it:

 


We're excited to be cozying up with: Lex Martin




Lex Martin writes new adult novels, the sexy kind with lotsa angst, a whole lotta kissing, and the hot happily ever afters.



LM: Making new friends online. I'm a total homebody, so the fact that I can pretend to be a social butterfly in cyberspace is pretty cool.


LM: To push past my fears. Publishing can be scary as hell. You have to take that first leap. 


LM: I sometimes hear people encourage new writers that they can do it all themselves--the writing, editing, cover design, etc. That's a bad idea. Every writer, no matter how great, needs a good editor, preferably one who kicks your ass and makes you cry a little.  



LM: It's difficult to name a favorite, but if you held a gun to my head and forced me to pick, I'd have to say Clementine, since the series started with her and she inspired everyone else, and Daren, because despite his shortcomings, he really owns his mistakes and strives to be a better person.



LM: Just one? haha. I'd have to say Kellan Kyle from Thoughtless. He's the perfect blend of sexy-as-hell musician and brooding asshole that I find irresistible.



LM: Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti really rocked my world. The story broke my heart and made me sob in the middle of the night. I might have sent Whitney hate mail. (Kidding, Whit. Love ya!) But it's the kind of story that stayed with me long after I finished. A Second Chance at Paris by Cole McCade was also achingly beautiful.




LM: Someone asked why the girls' faces are cropped out on my covers. 
 photo 2D5C8B84-8AC6-4218-90F5-DBDDB66D6EB7_zpsxmj5yqfu.gif

Personally, I think they're more striking because your imagination has to take over. I like not knowing what a character looks like when I read a book.




Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions we hope you had as much fun as we did. One final one for the road: 


LM: Kissing Madeline, the third book in the Dearest Series, comes out on April 27. It's Daren and Maddie's story.

                                                                    








0 komentarze:

Post a Comment