Monday, April 27, 2015

Patrycja's Review: The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

25031450



Title: The Mistake
Series: Off-Campus #2
Author: Elle Kennedy
Release Date: 28 April, 2015
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.

Now he’s going to need to up his game…

After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.









Elle Kennedy simply rocked my world! In February, I had the immense pleasure to read The Deal – absolutely cute and sexy new adult read that made me smile for days – and now, barely few months later, I am on cloud nine once again. Why? Because, well, Elle’s won over my heart for the second time! She’s just that good.

I admit, I was a little bit afraid that given to my foul mood these past few weeks, I wouldn’t be able to fully enjoy The Mistake. I was actually sure that there is no way I would be perfectly satisfied with this novel. I mean, how can someone write a book that is just as good as The Deal was, in a matter of few short months? Masterpieces take time, right? Wrong. Elle Kennedy made me realize that if you’re talented enough, you can write and publish a book very quickly and still make it a hit. So praises for that!



You probably all already were in love with John Logan while reading The Deal. How could you not be? This hockey player is a cause of plenty hearts attack and lost panties. But behind his cocky attitude, smart ass comments and man whoring ways is hidden a young man who’s hurting. Firstly, he has a painful crush on his best friend’s girl. Logan is fighting his pull toward Hannah of course, but it is tearing him apart. He’s ashamed, uneasy and lonely. He tries to forget about Wellsy – using the booze and sex, but it doesn’t help much.

What’s more, he also has an alcoholic father who is dragging him and his brother down.



Grace, on the other hand, is adorable girl with a heart of gold. Maybe a bit predictable and socially awkward, but in my opinion it worked pretty well. She’s a freshman and a virgin, who doesn’t have a filter when talking to hot guys, which frankly means she blabs everything; some stories were comical!

When they meet, they discover they are pretty good together – they have fun, the normal and the sexy type too and Grace cannot believe her luck. She really did hit a jackpot with Logan. But he’s still mending his heart, trying to get over Hannah and doesn’t know if Grace is just a sexy distraction or something more…


In her usual fashion, Elle Kennedy delivered very steamy, get ready to change your panties New Adult romantic comedy, that will make your heart swell, your lady parts beg for attention and laugh out loud like crazy lunatic.

The Mistake simply doesn’t disappoint. Logan’s story is as engaging, thrilling and sexy as Garrett’s. I am sure that every person who has read and enjoyed The Deal, will love and cherish next part of Off – Campus Series.

It’s a perfect mixture of anything that I appreciate in New Adult novels. And I am really mesmerized with it and cannot imagine how I will survive the weeks before additional part in the series releases. Those hockey boys have a big piece of my heart and it literally kills me to wait for Dean’s and Tucker’s story. I really hope the author will hurry up and grace us all with sequel just as quickly!! I need more. I am addicted to Elle Kennedy’s writing. She’s the boss. So please God, let the third book come out immediately.



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook




0 komentarze:

Post a Comment