Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: I Breathe You by Lori L Clark & Love Exactly by Cassandra Giovanni


Today I decided to post two reviews of new adult romance novels, both of them are very different but still unique and amazing! I had a blast reading them!



Title: I Breathe You 
Author: Lori L Clark
Release Date: 1st August
Rating: 5 stars

When a tragic accident leaves Rhane Evans -- lead vocalist for the rock band Fate's Crazy -- permanently unable to speak above a whisper and kills the love of her life, she moves across the state to pick up the pieces. Shattered, Rhane struggles to understand what happened the night of the accident, an accident everyone blames her for, even though she wasn't driving the car.

Enter Ian Callahan. He's the one person who may have a more tumultuous past than Rhane. Though they try hard to deny the sizzling attraction between them, it proves nearly impossible. When Ian's troubled past threatens to tear them apart, they begin to believe happiness isn't in their cards.

Because Fate's Crazy that way...





“Together we are. Together we will. Breathe in. Breathe out.”


Lori L Clark made a fantastic job at blowing my mind with a spectacular novel that easily hooked me. After only three chapters I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop reading I Breathe You until I’ve finished it. Her outstanding way of telling story is such addicting! Only few minutes and I couldn’t let go of Rhane and her heartbreaking life as a survivor.

“A tiny voice inside my head reminds me to just breathe. Inhale, one, two, three. Hold, one, two, three. Exhale, one, two, three. Repeat.”



Rhane Evans is a lead singer of Fate’s Crazy. Her voice is often compared to Janis Joplin’s. She was born to sing and perform on the stage. She has even thrown away everything for music career: she dropped out of college, her parents disinherited her and won’t help her out. Now she has only her love for music, hope of succeeding and band mates. When finally her dream comes true, everything is shattered by unfortunate car accident. Now love of her life is dead, her voice is gone and she has nothing to life for.

“All I have left is time.”


Rhane tries to put her life together and survive from the nightmare, her life has become. Fighting with night terrors and loneliness, she attempts to find out why people blame her for accident, when she wasn’t the one driving.

She moves to her grandma house and start to pretend to live. She doesn’t want anything from life, not now when everything she cared of is gone.

Meet Ian Callahan. Sexy swooworthy constructor who’s repairing Rhane’s house. A man who can be more messed up than Rhane. They both know they can be toxic for each other, but the need to be close is too much for them to handle. The sizzling passion between them changes their lifes forever.

Can two broken people find redemption?

"It's okay Sunshine, I've got you," he murmurs. "Go on and cry like nobody's watching. I'll be your rock."



I Breathe You is incredible standalone novel, that will kidnap your heart and turn it into pile of mush. Sexual tension will be bleeding from your ereader as well as deep dark emotions.


"I need you, Ian." I pant, breathlessly. "Right here, right now. Please."
His body stills, and he dips his forehead against mine. "Sunshine, you have no idea how badly I want you right now. But I can't. We shouldn't. I just can't."


Overall, I loved every sentence of Clark’s novel and I literally can’t wait to read every other book of hers. I highly recommend this story for every fan of beautiful, captivating romances. It’s definitely something I’ll be rereading in near future.











Title: Love Exactly (Sticks and Stones #1)

Author: Cassandra Giovanni
Release Date:  June
Rating: 4 stars

 Emma Walker was a writer who'd lost herself to someone else's anger--who had given up on ever feeling like herself again.
Evan Levesque was a rock-god--the one all the woman wanted, but he'd never gotten used to the loneliness between the stage and real life.
With just one cup of coffee they'll begin a journey of self-discovery at each others sides, but can Emma handle Evan's fame while dealing with her own demons? Emma's checkered personal past, a bad relationship that haunts the edges of her memories, threatens to make everything implode on them when Evan takes matters into his own hands.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they'll destroy my soul--Can Emma handle being put back together and facing who she's become because of it?
GENRE: New Adult>Contemporary Romance
Mild to moderate sexual content






**Copy provided by an author in exchange for honest review**

„What is love exactly?”



Love Exactly is like two stories in one novel, that blend in perfectly, giving the reader spectacular impression of sweet romance and getting- to- know-yourself journey. Cassandra Giovanni wrote wonderful story about dealing with demons of past, trying to pick up the pieces of present and finding a way for better future, which is wrapped in sweet romance story that easily can captivate hearts and pin you to the ground.

Love Exactly isn’t my usual steamy read, filled with sex and crazy sexual tension, but instead it’s perfect story for those romance fans that don’t enjoy graphic sex scenes. But believe me lack of steamy factor don’t change this novel for worse, on the contrary it makes it more realistic and emotional.

„Sticks and Stones can break my bones, but words… they’ll destroy my soul”



The story follows Emma Walker, young journalist with terrible past, that changed her and broke her, now despite the fact five years have passed she still lingers in past. She can’t find strenght to write again, something she loved doing. Her sole passion is now her curse. One day she meets Evan Levesque, popular and famous lead singer. Emma rammed into him and spilled her coffee. Almost instantly they hit it off.



„I’m not trying to fix you. I don’t think you’re broken. That’s all on you. I’m just trying to show you the only one standing in your way is you.”


Love Exactly is a novel about trying to find yourself and finding strenght to write again as well as long distance relationship between normal girl and rock god. It only took me few hours to finish reading. Writing is nice and fast as well as vivid enough to not to get bored. Characters are well thought and you can easily connect with them. But the biggest issue I had while reading it was the fact that I hoped for a little bit more emotions. I felt like this novel lacked of them. I couldn’t grasp few things and I wished for more ‘sexy times’.

My other issue was the lack of contact with other characters. Almost all book was only about Emma and Evan, there were only short parts with other people in it.

In nutshell, I really enjoyed reading love exactly, it’s one of this novels that easily make you smile and have warm, fuzzy feelings all over. Despite the small things I didn’t like I still had a blast reading Love Exactly. As a fan of rock stars and all kind of romance stories, it was worth giving a try ;)
I recommend this novel for those who love romance without sex in it.

„I think we’ve found what love is exactly”









0 komentarze:

Post a Comment