Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review: Breaking The Storm & Interview with Sedona Venez



Title: Breaking The Storm (Credence Curse #1)

Author: Sedona Venez
Release Date: 6th August
Rating: 5 stars


Purchase Links:Amazon.com

 
THE CURSE
Stormy Credence was destined to succumb to the Credence family curse—they all did.

THE GAME
Stormy is put to the test one more time, when the one man that she never wanted to see again—‘Rock Star’ Knox Gunner comes blowing back into her life—back to claim what’s his—Stormy. This time he will stop at nothing to prove that she belongs to him in every sense of the word…

THE PASSION
When Stormy meets sexy band front man Knox Gunner, there’s no denying him. Willing to take a chance on love, Stormy breaks the most important Credence rule, no relationships—ever—a mistake that results in heartbreaking devastation.






Breaking the Storm is fast paced, crazy ride full of wonderful surprises and sexy times that’ll make your insides wrench, melt and jump in extasy. This novel is fantastic breath of fresh air that every fan of paranormal romance and urban fantasy will appriciate. This book has everything a girl like me needs in 5 star read, it’s sexy, thrilling and has kick ass heroine as well as swoon worthy alpha male to crush on. Pure perfection! And well, as everybody knows great cover is just another plus ;)


This book’s full of rock stars, werewolves and Doms! What’s not to love?


Breaking The Storm is a story about Stormy Credence and curse that falls on every woman in her family. Every men they fell in love with die and to the mix that being a hybrid Fae/witch don’t make her very popular, she struggles in the world of Others. She’s assets I love the most in protagonist: she’s feisty, brutally honest and kick ass. Until she meets Knox Gunner, Storm believes, she will never fall in love and be another Credence woman who was mentally destroyed by the curse.


„But, Storm, get this once and for all; I need you. I always will. And if that’s not close to the feeling of love, then I don’t know what is” ~ Knox


Knox Gunner is extremely sexy rock star with Dom streak. Mysterious, dominant, dangerous and he always gets what he wants. And this time he wants Storm on her knees before him, totally submissive.


„What type of woman are you looking for, Mr. Gunner?”
With a dangerous smile, he responded, “I want a woman who will be completely at my mercy.” His voice was low and sensuous as his gaze flitted over me, kissing my skin like scorching flames. “Someone to play with.” ~ Knox



Knox Gunner is literally to die for. My kink for alpha male was always present and this sexy rock star provided me with crazy sexual roller coaster ride, even if it was only on paper (how bad). Steamy scenes were so hawtt that my all body tingled with need and I extremely enjoyed fight for power between Storm and Knox. Their relationship was insane! Back and forth from hate to lust, to love and so on. It amazed me how easily Storm could find a comeback for Mr. I-want-you-to-be-my- slut. In few books, talks like this could turn me off and made me hate hero, but fortunately it was not the case here.

What I liked the most was the fact that D/s relationship wasn’t about humilating or pain. There was not spanking or flogging involved, the same about bondage. It was only hot dirty talking with power exchange, which was absolutely arousing and exhilrating.

I also adored how paranormal world worked there. This twist made this book a hell lot of better and the concept with curse was fresh and unique. For a fan of werewolves, steamy sex and fiesty protagonist this book is a must read!

Overall, I highly recommend reading Breaking The Storm! Perfect mix of rock star romance with paranormal twist and D/s sex.





Interview with Author of Breaking The Storm


1.     Where did you get the idea for the novel? I’m a big fan of music and paranormal romance novels, so I wanted to mesh the two loves into a fun plot with mystery, suspense, and a main character that is a bit flawed.

2.     Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title? I came up with a list of titles for ‘Breaking the Storm’ after I outlined and fully fleshed out the plot and characters. I narrowed down the list as the book progressed.

3.     Which came first, the title or the novel? The novel came first, then the title.

4.     Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you? The fact that I’ve taken my ‘dream’ job and finally made it a reality is very exciting.

5.     What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read? Pride and Prejudice is the last book I’ve read. It’s my favorite book. I tend to read over and over again. Its old school but the romance never gets old.

6.     What was your first book that you ever wrote (very first one you wrote, not published)?  The very first book that I wrote, not published was a contemporary romance suspense book with three women (best friends) navigating the world of dating, tragedy and romance.


7.     What is your writing process? I have a notebook that I write down ideas/plots and description of characters that come to me. I review my notes, flesh out the concepts that I want to work on next or make notes next to those that need more work.

8.     Who are your favorite authors of all time? Richelle mead, Tina Folsom, Felicity Heaton.

9.     At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say? I sign my name and write a note. The note would normally have something to do with reading or something I just learned about the reader.

10. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? That I once aspired to be a professional singer and was the lead singer in a three girl singing group.


11. How do you react to a bad review? I take it in stride. It’s impossible to be liked by all. Every author whether on the Best Seller’s list or not has gotten a bad review. All you have to do is go to Amazon.com, pick any author on the ‘Top 100’ list and you’ll find at least on bad review.


12. How did you celebrate the sale of your first book? My husband took me to my favorite restaurant.




Author Bio:
Sedona Venez writes New Adult and Adult fiction novels inspired by her love of music, tattoos and sexy musicians. Sedona can be found online in all the usual haunts:
Her Blog          Facebook         Twitter   Goodreads     Pinterest

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment