Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: Two Roads by LM Augustine



Title: Two Roads


Author: LM Augustine
Release Date: 26th August
Rating: 5 stars





The only person poetry-loving Cali Monroe hates more than herself is Logan Waters, the geeky kid who lives in the dorm building next to hers.

Ever since Cali's parents told her she would amount to nothing, she has felt entirely inadequate. Friendless and alone, she takes on the mean girl role in hopes it will make her feel better--and Logan serves as the perfect target. He infuriates her with his obnoxiously long lashes, his all too perfect dimpled smile, and his complete lack of personality outside of his intelligence. It doesn't hurt that he's part of the reason her brother is dead, either. So Cali hates him, and he returns the favor. Thus, their prank-filled, insult-driven rivalry is born, and torturing Logan quickly becomes the highlight of her life.

But when Cali's parents set them up on a blind date, she begins to realize Logan might not be as boring as she always thought. He shares her love of poetry, takes a sadistic pleasure in making fun of crepes, and he makes her blush when he calls her smile pretty.

And hey, maybe those long lashes of his aren't that obnoxious after all…

Two Roads is New Adult Romance about finding love, standing out, and learning to embrace who you are. It contains some language and mild sexual content.



I’m wowed. I’m physicaly and mentaly living in this book, breathing it and thinking about it all the time. It’s definitely one of the best books I’ve read this year and it can’t be passed up. Deep emotional aspect of this novel is equal with witty and sarcastic part. I laughed, I cried, I yelled and cussed. Two Roads is absolutely heartbreaking while being the funniest book ever. I love it when I randomly pick up a book when I know almost nothing about it and then I’m blown away. This is a story about Logan and Cali. Story that will break your heart, make you swoon, laugh hard and feel many different emotions.

Cali is broken and damaged, despite the fact it’s been 4 years after her brother died, she still cannot let him go . She blames everyone, especially herself for his death, so now she’s pretending to live like normal twenty year old, while sulking and reading poetry. She’s pretending to be mean, popular girl that hooks up every night with different boy and is full of hate.


"I don't mind being called a bitch. Being a bitch means I'm strong. Being a bitch means I'm surviving, and sometimes that's all I can do : I survive."


So when after 3 and half years of not seeing each other, Logan is back in the same college as she and Cali feels it’s her obligation to make his life hell. She hates him for not helping Ben and giving up on her when she needed him the most. As her brother’s best friend he should have done something, he should have been there for him and her. But he wasn’t and no that he’s back to all his nerd self, with his weird glasses, T-shirts, math textbooks and obnoxious eyelashes. She hates him. Hates that he can live normally, laugh with his friends and study. She hates his hair, glasses, eyelashes and so on, every reason for loathing him is good.

„So I hate him. I hate him for ruinning my life. I hate him for not blaming himself like I blame myslef for what happened. I hate him for moving on with his life, when no matter how hard I try, I just can’t"


She insults him, breaks into his apartment, destroys his things, writes him hateful emails and notes. And he’s doing the same. Prank for prank, insult for insult, hurtful thing for hurtful thing. They are enemies, rivals.

„It’s on, the gesture says, and Logan just smiles.
“Loser,” I continue, trying to sound as cold and calm as possible.
“Heartless freak,” he shoots right back.
“Dickhead.”
“Asshole.”
“Bastard.”
“Jackass.”
“Guy no one wanted.”
“Girl whose parents hate her.”
His friends keep jerking their heads back and forth between us. “Idiot.”
“Jerk.”
“Imbecile.”
“Moron.”
“Asshat.”
“Oaf.”


This book is phenomenal! It connects hearbreak with sarcasm, love with hate, fun with deep emotions. The writing is perfect, so freaking good I couldn’t stop reading! And the poetry that is a great aspect of this book is beautiful. I can’t find words to describe how much it affected me.



Two Roads is one of this stories that wrench your guts and change you as a person. I loved it. It’s everything I needed and I wish I could forget about what I’ve read only for a chance to read this again and feel this for second time. I don’t know, what else to write to make you pick up this book, because it’s a novel that deserves reading again and again. I would hate it if one of my friends passed up opportunity to read it. So give yourself a great gift and start this amazing journey of blame, guilt and loneliness, where love and hate are the same.









0 komentarze:

Post a Comment